Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 15 2009, 19:53

God,this is scary...one spanish fan bought 3 signed boxes(one for him and the other 2 for 2 fellow MO fans who couldn't buy via web),and the 3 boxes arrived today at his home,and with the permission of the owners of the 2 other boxes,one of the boxes was missing the certificate!

That's awful really...and if this happens to other people,how can they react regarding the subject,any clues?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 15 2009, 20:31

I haven't heard anything back from Universal about the whole issue yet, but my guess is that someone screwed up and sent some of the signed ones off to Amazon instead of ordinary unsigned ones...and so at least four people who have ordered signed ones are going to get ones without the certificate.

The procedure is first to write and complain. It would be better to send it by post, preferably recorded delivery. Tell them that they accepted your money and so formed a contract with you to supply one of the 500 signed copies, and that by sending an unsigned one, they've broken that. Outline what solution you would like, and give them a reasonable deadline to do that by.

If you get no response, report them to trading standards, take them to court and tell the press while you're at it. Consumer Direct provides useful information for people with problems purchasing from UK businesses.

For what it's worth, I'll pass on this report to Universal.
Profile PM 
rony Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 03:02

Got my signed copy (No.374)
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 03:06

It begins...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....ddle:uk

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 04:41

Quote (yanouch65 @ June 16 2009, 03:06)
It begins...

Shame on bandstores.co.uk.

Still no reply from BandStores. They haven't even replied to the PayPal complaint I opened on Saturday.

Of course, nothing has arrived yet.

This is frustrating.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 16 2009, 05:00

Quote (yanouch65 @ June 16 2009, 08:06)
It begins...

I always find it depressing that people fall for this. Same with ticket touts and people selling games consoles at xmas time for over the odds. If people refused to buy such items at over cost price it would help stop the practice. Already at £85 and 6 days to go. Don't pay more than £74.95  :(

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
rony Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 06:41

A few comments:
Refreshing TB version.
Nice booklet & stuff.
The most important issue for me is the Original signed signature by Mike.
It's a pity that mike's signature is in Black color on Black certificate writing…
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 07:06

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 16 2009, 00:53)
God,this is scary...one spanish fan bought 3 signed boxes(one for him and the other 2 for 2 fellow MO fans who couldn't buy via web),and the 3 boxes arrived today at his home,and with the permission of the owners of the 2 other boxes,one of the boxes was missing the certificate!

That's awful really...and if this happens to other people,how can they react regarding the subject,any clues?

Oh dear.  It would appear that our collective worries about some people not getting signed editions that they've paid for (and overpaid for at that, IMO) have sadly come true.

It doesn't exactly inspire anyone with confidence when it comes to the next round of re-releases does it?  :/  :/  :(

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 07:28

I've just got mine - no. 050 of 500. Later on today I'll post the pic of my signed certificate, in the next days I'll comment on the music. Right now I'm quite happy. :)

@ crises1980: the docoja.com page doesn't work. I've entred three different email addresses (including a fake one ending in .uk) but no-one works - "Your e-mail address is invalid". Can I do something about this?

P.S.: The Old Grey Whistle Test "skiers" video for TB just isn't on the DVD. It isn't even an Easter Egg... it just isn't there. :/ Maybe they forgot...

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 08:42

Ok, I herd the original quad mix in the 70s as my cousin had a quad set up. It was cool back then but didnt last long(only a few seconds).Unfortunetly he left the record on the back seat of his car one  summer and ended up with a fruit bowl.
Ive seen the quad record on ebay a few times and people who know what they are selling ask a high price ,one went for about £85.00.
On the new 5.1 TB mix ,has anyone noticed how after the second (say chorus Part) when the quiet acoustic guitar comes in, the sound level dosnt drop down like the old ones used to and the pub piano is the slighty longer version as found on the TB SQ version from Boxed. Ta .
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 09:31

Yes sorry to say that I bought my Ultimate Edition on Amazon too and receieved it signed by Mike. I am happy but know others must be angry.
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 10:00

Tati I know somebody who should have got 2 signed ultimates but bandstores have sent him 1 signed and an unsigned one. Makes me wonder if they are pilfering them at the warehouse to sell for profit at ebay amazon and the likes. How many copies actually went to amazon, because those who applied through the official channel are set for disapointment now.
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 11:51

Still haven't received my signed copy here in Holland. I just sent an e-mail to LoudClothing. I just hope me and much other buyers won't become victims of the things I read here.

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 16 2009, 12:51

Didn't receive mine in the US yet. I dreamt I received it damaged, with number 495. I wasn't lucky, it was a realistic dream, I could have dreamt of something fancier with Mike appearing as a Star Wars hologram from the certificate for example.
Profile PM 
Ommadawn59 Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 13:31

finally got my copy (no. 135/500) today, perfect condition.

@ Ugo: I spent the whole afternoon playing and comparing TSH various versions. Well, to me the version from Platinum collection and both versions from Elements sounds the same to me. I only hear a difference to the Boxed version (final 1:36 min, of course). Please don't call me a "cloth-eared nincompoop"  ;)
Can you doublecheck your versions?
Don't won't to play it today anymore  :)
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 14:27

Quote (Ugo @ June 16 2009, 00:17)
Quote (Dirk Star @ June 15 2009, 18:37)
I`m pretty sure it does to a certain extent.I can clearly remember the acoustic/Spanish guitar at the end of TB part one(Boxed) only coming through one speaker on my stereo system.There`s lots of other weird things as well but that`s the first thing that always springs to mind for me.I`ve never owned a quad set-up either.

The Boxed CDs work beautifully (at least they do for me) when played through a Pro Logic II decoder. Ommadawn is particularily nice. :)

Oh yes of course! I have a nice Pioneer VSX-D2011 receiver over here with Pro Logic II, but still didn't find time to connect four speakers. I will do this soon!! :) Then I can listen to my Boxed cd's in quad.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 16 2009, 15:04

Quote (Ugo @ June 16 2009, 12:28)
P.S.: The Old Grey Whistle Test "skiers" video for TB just isn't on the DVD. It isn't even an Easter Egg... it just isn't there. :/ Maybe they forgot...

I think you are right Ugo - I can't see any sign of it in any of the VOB files, it just isn't on the disk in any shape or form. But it *is* listed on the front of the DVD. As you say, someone forgot. But charging so much for "the ultimate" and just forgetting things like that seems a bit poor really  :/

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 15:47

Quote (Matt @ June 16 2009, 20:04)

I think you are right Ugo - I can't see any sign of it in any of the VOB files, it just isn't on the disk in any shape or form. But it *is* listed on the front of the DVD. As you say, someone forgot. But charging so much for "the ultimate" and just forgetting things like that seems a bit poor really  :/

It's not listed anywhere on the gatefold sleeve though or inside the book. I'm guessing they intended to include it at some stage but dropped it later and then forgot to remove the listing from the DVD label. :p
You're right that it's a bit poor though, considering how much the set cost! (I've found a few typos in the book as well - but I am a proofreader by trade so I'm a bit nit-picky in that respect  ;) )

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 15:53

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 16 2009, 21:47)
Quote (Matt @ June 16 2009, 20:04)

It's not listed anywhere on the gatefold sleeve though or inside the book. I'm guessing they intended to include it at some stage but dropped it later and then forgot to remove the listing from the DVD label. :p
You're right that it's a bit poor though, considering how much the set cost! (I've found a few typos in the book as well - but I am a proofreader by trade so I'm a bit nit-picky in that respect  ;) )

Oh that's ok! I also found some errors in the book. :) You can call me a nit-picky too. ;)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 16 2009, 15:53

@ Ommadawn59: I won't call you anything, because spending the whole afternoon listening to versions of TSH and hearing the differences takes a pair of very finely-tuned ears - like mine. :) However, I'm still convinced that the Boxed version (minus Viv), the Platinum Collection version and the stand-alone version (i.e. the one on its own) on Elements are the same. I don't need to double-check them - I know them by heart. :)

@ Matt: maybe they printed the DVD labels before actually encoding/making the DVD - which is quite common - and then maybe they didn't include the 'skiers' film because they didn't manage to find a good-quality version of. it. But the labels were already printed and they just didn't care about them. It's a shame, really, but that's the way it is. :/

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net