[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 10 2009, 14:04

Quote (HuanCry @ June 10 2009, 13:52)
I'm so angry about this that if a placid person like me was to phone them I'd probably turn into the Piltdown man !!! :(

( Placid people do things like that when they get angry and frustrated )
:)

I like that HuanCry!!

To say I am a little narked, peeved or disappointed would be an understatement.

If my signed copy doesn't arrive tomorrow I shall be asking questions. My order status is still saying the same thing it did days ago...so that really doesn't look good to me.

A better idea would have been to send all 500 signed copies to Amazon, despatch them all on the same day and then for it to be down to luck whether you received one ( or is that what IS happening??!! )

If I don't get one of these, I will be soooo disappointed, inconsolable...bereft...devastated, nothing will make me feel better.

Can't quite understand it because the teeshirt came incredibly quickly.

Thanks to all who have contacted the company, it may well do some good.
:)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 14:06

Exactly huancry there is a irish saying "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"  "beware the fury of the patient man",  we know how you feel...slainte
Profile PM 
tubular.ed Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 14:42

I also received a dispatch notice from Bandstores.co.uk that my order from 15th May is on its way. Only ordered the signed ultimate edition. Too bad there's no tracking number. Here's hoping our copies arrive undamaged and signed...
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 15:01

i also received "dispatched" email for my 1st order but not for 2nd order its still status "pre-order"

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 18:23

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 10 2009, 07:50)
Doing all this promo stuff for the fans must be a hell of a problem,I don't think he feels much confortable on those type of situations. I recall last year one quote from Mike on an interview about MOTS premiere,something like,"I told my wife I have to go and be Mike Oldfield for 30 minutes".

Sometimes it's so hard to be a Mike Oldfield fan really,but we all know how he's like,and we have to respect it.His personality does make a difference regarding the artist,in the way how he deals with his fanbase.

Tough!  :D

I don't agree that this is the time for misguided sympathies over Mike's sensibilities with fanbase issues. He's a musician and also a 56 year old business man, and people are quite rightly up in arms because they have spent good money and haven't received the goods.

It's a responsibility issue that requires Mike (the boss!;) to kick some ass.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 10 2009, 19:19

Ordered the signed box + black tubular tee,still in pre-order mode on...getting anxious.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Skeletor Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 03:57

Mine just arrived from the website :)

Signed on a certificate.

Hopefully everyone else's will arrive soon. The website does still say that mine is in "pre-order", not dispatched.
Profile PM 
neildmanthorpe Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 04:29

"This is just to let you know that we have now despatched order ID 5037397 that you ordered from us on 17th May 2009 09:05.

Your order has been despatched today (10th June 2009 17:09) and should be with you shortly. UK customers should expect their items to arrive within 3-7 days"

Above quote from Bandstore email received yesterday - how can they justify charging more than Amazon and having delivery dates that are medieval?

As others have said, MO has badly let down committed fans who ordered through the Mercury website in good faith.

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese .........
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 04:46

No need to fret..As I understand it the latest batches of the Ultimate Edition have just left the warehouse this morning.

Let`s cut these dudes some slack guys..It took them the best part of three decades to find a cup of water.
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 04:47

Just received my signed ultimate but the bottom corner of box is damaged. Ordered mine when approximately 60 copies were left, so I hope virtually everybodies shows up. Keep us informed if you receive your copies ok. :D
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 05:09

Oh well, perhaps they are on their way now?

It would be nice to receive some sort of notification from them though! Still showing as a pre-order and no response to my email. Very shoddy.  And I would like to know how exactly Amazon came to have signed copies when they were only supposed to be available from the official site; I can't shake the feeling that we've been 'had'  :(

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 05:21

Quote (leesonar @ June 11 2009, 04:47)
Just received my signed ultimate but the bottom corner of box is damaged. Ordered mine when approximately 60 copies were left, so I hope virtually everybodies shows up. Keep us informed if you receive your copies ok. :D

how it was packed? only on bubblewrap or cardboard box?

btw has anyone bought vinyl version separated? i would like to know differences to boxed one because boxed version gatefold sleeve also hold cds so its unlikely that separated sold vinyl has those cd holders on it...also i saw vinyl in ebay that had orange tb sticker on front cover...is that same sticker also in boxed version lp cover?

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 11 2009, 05:35

Quote (Dirk Star @ June 11 2009, 09:46)
No need to fret..As I understand it the latest batches of the Ultimate Edition have just left the warehouse this morning.
ck guys..It took them the best part of three decades to find a cup of water.

Goods one Dirk  :laugh:

I think mine are being shipped by snail-mail in the vehicle below:

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Morti Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 06:08

I just called because mine is also showing pre-order status. According to the guy on the phone all the signed ones were dispatched yesterday but the website is slow to update. We UK types should receive ours today or tomorrow.

...and I paid lots of money I don't really have so mine'd better be signed or heads will roll.

--------------
The ear worm became the synonym for the commercial side of MIKE OLDFIELD.
Profile PM WEB 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 07:11

hifiguru the thinnish cardboard wrapping around the box has ripped at the corner and as a result the bottom corner of the box is damaged.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 07:14

Quote (Matt @ June 11 2009, 10:35)
Quote (Dirk Star @ June 11 2009, 09:46)
ck guys..It took them the best part of three decades to find a cup of water.

Goods one Dirk  :laugh:

I think mine are being shipped by snail-mail in the vehicle below:

:laugh: Brilliant!..Quick,someone move the lettuce further away from him for pities sake.
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: June 11 2009, 07:16

Fyi, depite not saying despatched on the website, mine (No 147) has just arrived and is signed (by someone - hopefully Mike Oldfield). ;-)

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
RoguePlanetoid Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 07:56

Quote (clotty @ June 11 2009, 07:16)
Fyi, depite not saying despatched on the website, mine (No 147) has just arrived and is signed (by someone - hopefully Mike Oldfield). ;-)

Well that is interesting so maybe the status information is wrong, rather than the order itself - that is some good news for those still waiting, and also good to know that they are signed too!
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 08:02

[quote=wiga,June 10 2009, 23:23][/quote]
It's a responsibility issue that requires Mike (the boss!;) to kick some ass.

Look`s like Mike has paid heed to your words Wiga.And is currently on the case as we speak...
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 08:13

Exactly Dirkstar Mike is showing some willy steel on this matter. ;)
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net