Closer 3  [2.94%]
Our Father 18  [17.65%]
Rocky 5  [4.90%]
Sunset 21  [20.59%]
They are all crap 4  [3.92%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Your's most favourite Light track, What's the best track for you?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 27 2007, 19:33

My favorite Light piece is "First Steps". It's sort of like "Weightless" from TBII - not the tune, exactly, but the mood it puts me in.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2007, 15:48

I'm a list maker and I'm going to indulge myself a little. I was going to use  :) :) :) :) :)  to quantify my enjoyment of each track, but I figured there may be a limit to how many smilies one can include in a post, so I'm using ***** instead.

Angelique *****
Blackbird ****
The Gate **
First Steps *****
Closer **
Our Father ****
Rocky ***
Sunset ****
Pres de Toi ***

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
New Incantation Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2007, 02:50

I've only just started listening to this album so I can't give a definitive answer just yet. Although I will say that at the moment "Angelique" is my most played so far. And thanks to it being in U-MYX format I can remove the slightly irritating "vocal" layer and enjoy the track in its full instrumental glory.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2007, 21:38

Quote (New Incantation @ Sep. 10 2007, 02:50)
thanks to it being in U-MYX format I can remove the slightly irritating "vocal" layer and enjoy the track in its full instrumental glory.

If I recall correctly, I removed everything but the guitar, bass, and piano in my U-MYX version. But I do listen to the original very often. I think it may be the loveliest piece on the album.

And a belated salutation, New Incantation.  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2007, 04:06

First Steps, for me - though of course it's really a left-over from Tr3s Lunas, rather than an integral part of L&S. I also think 'Sunset' is very beautiful though - it's a very creative reworking of the vigorously joyful theme you hear on achieving Maestro in the MVR game - which in turn (as has been pointed out before), a creative reworking of the theme from Sibelius's 2nd symphony.
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2007, 06:30

I'm with Alan on this one, I always like the monumental-sounding stuff as this does. I was recently musing that this might not be too out of place as an alternate ending to Tubular Bells 2003. What say the crowd?

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
MauroSV Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2007, 12:18

I think that "First steps" is one of the best Mike's tracks of all time. Also "Angelique" is very good
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 23 2008, 03:41

Quote (MauroSV @ Dec. 23 2007, 12:18)
I think that "First steps" is one of the best Mike's tracks of all time. Also "Angelique" is very good

I'm currently of the opinion that "Angelique" is the best track on both Light and Shade discs. There's something about "First Steps" though... sometimes it's just perfect for my mood.

--------------
Profile PM 
Tayniee Offline

Posted: April 24 2008, 04:28

'First Steps' to me is like a mini epic, it begins to drive and drives the mood on.  Also reminds me of another piece of MO work, it's on the tip of my heart but I can't think.

'Sunset' is the one I like to play when driving in wide open spaces, and looking at birds flying o'er head and dale, and I'm feeling a satisfied mood.

--------------
As we all know, endings are just beginnings.
Profile PM 
48 replies since Sep. 29 2005, 10:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net