Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: You are funny, (very offensive)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Harmono Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 15:25

No matter where you're from, you can be made fun of.

Italians - they sing cheesy pop songs

Swedes - they are gay

Germans - They're nazies

Danes - they can't talk properly

I could go on...
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 15:51

Quote (Harmono @ Nov. 15 2008, 21:25)
Germans - They're nazies

"This video is not available in your country."

:laugh: Oh my, I wonder what that tells us...
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 16:47

But we've got all of that right here in Texas/USA.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 16:49

Censorship, typical within nazi regimes.

Americans
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 17:40

Yeah, sure. And Scotsmen are stingy, and Dutch people eat frogs, and Poles are stupid, and blacks have rhythm, etc. etc. etc. :laugh: This is not offensive at all - stereotypes are never offensive IMHO.

Here 's one about Frenchmen: no matter what happens, they always think about food and cooking. See here and here. (Yes, I know these are Disney and therefore not real satire. But they're fun... IMHO. :D)

@ Harmono: the Ramazzotti parody is bad - he's much worse than that (sometimes :D). And however, Italians do not always sing cheesy pop songs... this certainly isn't one. :)

@ Holger: when Germany was still two Germanies, West Germans thought East Germans were all dumb. This was the most common label for them.

Ah, I forgot one: Italians are all mafiosi. And they all eat pizza, and they all play mandolin... which connects to another topic in here. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 19:20

Quote (Ugo @ Nov. 15 2008, 23:40)
@ Holger: when Germany was still two Germanies, West Germans thought East Germans were all dumb. This was the most common label for them.

I can say pretty confidently that this is not true; at that time, West Germans hardly registered there were actually people living in East Germany. The phenomenon you describe actually started after the reunion. (Which is of course much worse.)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 19:34

Quote (Holger @ Nov. 16 2008, 01:20)
The phenomenon you describe actually started after the reunion.

Ah, I see. I was mis-informed. In the years 1989-1990-1991, when the Wall came down or shortly thereafter, I saw and heard lots of jokes about East Germans. I thought they were old stuff but evidently they weren't - they all dated from those years. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 19:48

@Ugo : go eat a pizza.

@Holger : eat sausages, isn't that what Germans do?
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2008, 21:29

The people I feel sorry for are all the guys in North and South Germany who just seem to get completely ignored altogether.I`ll give em` their due mind,I ain`t ever heard one of them complaining about it.I think maybe they should build a wall or something between the two factions and whip up a bit of media frenzy and shit.We did the same thing over here years ago with the help of the Italians.And then ended up with two completely different countries altogether...Great stuff.The best song ever written about walls was wrote by a Scotsman in fact...Get Away From The Wall by Ivor Cutler.

The English are getting off very lightly here so far...Hooray I say!..No doubt Mr Ray will be along now to put a stop to all that nonsense..   ;) Just remember where Mike Oldfield comes from that`s all I`ll say on the matter..So ok he`s left cos it`s rubbish.And yeah yeah Celtic ancestory he`s not really English anyway deep down..In fact yeah forget I even mentioned it...Put the bloody wall back up!   :p
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 08:51

Quote (Dirk Star @ Nov. 16 2008, 02:29)
The English are getting off very lightly here so far...Hooray I say!..No doubt Mr Ray will be along now to put a stop to all that nonsense..   ;)

Konichiwa Dirkstar San

I am in Japan and they are very different here then I expected - very nice polite pleasant people.   I have been visiting lots of Budist Temples and Shinto Temples - in fact I've got Temples comming out of my temples.  But I was listening to Islands - Wind Chimes! while sitting in a traditional Japaneese hotel room wearing a kimono (compusory) looking at Mt Fiji, having just had a Japanese Hot Spar and some saki - ok lots of saki.  (no... - not holiday - this is me working!!!;)

It was rather wonderful.   Very peaceful  - very like the view (and atmosphere) from The Beacon.

So my reply is probably tempered by my recent experience - I watched a Shinto wedding today - it was so slow - it was almost an illustration of how life will feel once they were married - it will last a lifetime - so to speak.

Some of the buildings were hundereds of years old, joss sticks burning, makes time stand still.

I can see where Wind Chimes came from - I think Mr O was in the far east - Bali actually, when he made that.    So who cares where he comes from.

In fact  - I was discussing lots of things with this Japaneese guy - very calm chap - admitted he was a little bit buddist - but that he didnt believe eveything the buddist faith had to say - he asked me what religion I was and I said "Jedi".   He laughed and said he diidn't know Star Wars was popular in the UK.  But I pointed out that the Jedi are the good guys against the bad guys (Mr Vader).  And he got the picture.  Bit like Lord of the rings - Good guys against the bad guys (Mr Sauron).  Anyway - he hadnt heard of Mr Oldfield but the music played by the monks was so much Ommadawnish - if you have a bit of imagination; it was wierd - and the big gongs going off all the time.  Incredible.  The music for the Shinto wedding was also interesting - I said to my Japaneese chappy that the music didn't make me feel happy - in fact the opposite - he laughed and said yet that is right.  It was all flutes and gongs.  Bit like Mr Oldfields tunes...!!!

So where is this leading.............. buggered if I know.

But  - in regard to English bashing.   There is not such thing as English.  The UK gene pool is all mished up to such an extent that it is probably impossible to untangle.  My grandparents were from Wales (Thomas) Scotland (Muir & Moore), France (Procter), Heatley (Irish?? or Welsh).  The Welsh are from Scotland originally!  I was brought up in Hereford (well some of the time) and I have lived in Scotland for three centuries - yep - I know - but feels like it!!!

But I like to stir up you chaps and have a bit of fun.  I will sarcastify anyone and everyone right before buying them a cup of tea and an apple pie + ice cream.    :D  :D  :D

Ray San

Tokyo-ky-doky  (listening to Ommadawn Katowitz)

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 09:02

I hope I didn't go too far earlier. I wouldn't be surprised as in this part of the world we're so drunk all the time.
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 09:06

Quote (Harmono @ Nov. 16 2008, 14:02)
I hope I didn't go too far earlier. I wouldn't be surprised as in this part of the world we're so drunk all the time.

Nooo that's ok Hormono,

But your avtar - it that a picture of your head.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 15:24

Funnily enough Ray I`ve actualy visited a Buddhist temple in Scotland of all places.It was very becalming and wonderous I must admit.

I`m not in the slightest bit religous,but I do have a lot of time for some of the Buddhist theories and principles etc.A friend of mine leant me a copy of one of the Dali Lama`s talking books a little while ago(narrated by one Richard Gere no less)  :p It was very absorbing listening though talking in this particular case about connections between science and religion and stuff.Anyway early on in the book he talks about his time working as an apprentice car mechanic in Bombay.And he kind of lets slip that he was a little bit scared of this guy he worked for.He did`nt want to let him down for fear of being reprimanded if you know what I mean.Anyway one day he has to order in this glass lens cover for a headlamp.But unfortunatly he orders the wrong one by mistake.It`s the right size and everything but it`s clear glass rather than frosted..i.e. it does`nt match up with the other headlamp.So of course rather than tell his boss for fear of being told off,he decides to think for himself.Subsequently he comes up with the idea of applying a kind of sugar solution to the inside of the headlamp cover to give it the same kind of frosted effect as the other one.Science and religion you see...

Now the cynical side of me went straight into overdrive as soon as he told that story,because you could tell he was a little bit chuffed with himself for coming up with this idea.But straight away I wondered.."what in the hell would happen to that headlamp as soon as it started to heat up a bit?"...One blacked out bloody headlight that`s what,..and all because the Dali Lama would`nt own up to something....And now picture the scene if you will of one late night cattle truck careering round the Indian mountains thinking that he`s only got a motorbike heading towards him from out of the darkness..Crash bang bloody wallop one wiped out cattle truck driver and the poor unfortunate headed towards him..Karma you see..It always bites you on the ass..Dali Lama??..What a bloody rip!   :p
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 17:08

Quote (Ray @ Nov. 16 2008, 15:06)
Quote (Harmono @ Nov. 16 2008, 14:02)

Nooo that's ok Hormono,

But your avtar - it that a picture of your head.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

It's my head. I'm a model.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 18:05

Quote (Harmono @ Nov. 16 2008, 15:02)

That's fine. Just go back to your sauna and drink moonshine. ;)
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 18:07

Quote (Ray @ Nov. 16 2008, 12:51)
But  - in regard to English bashing.   There is not such thing as English.  The UK gene pool is all mished up to such an extent that it is probably impossible to untangle.  My grandparents were from Wales (Thomas) Scotland (Muir & Moore), France (Procter), Heatley (Irish?? or Welsh).  The Welsh are from Scotland originally!  I was brought up in Hereford (well some of the time) and I have lived in Scotland for three centuries - yep - I know - but feels like it!!!

Yep that's what the government think, there's no such thing as English, but they're all Scottish or decendents of Jews anyway, and I think they hate us English.  

The English are all decended from Anglo Saxons or Vikings. I know place names ending in "by" are Scandanavian in origin, and "ton" is from the  Saxon word for town.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 21:18

Quote (Dirk Star @ Nov. 16 2008, 20:24)
..and all because the Dali Lama would`nt own up to something...

But that is very Nepali - if you ask for an Omelet in a cafe in Katmandu - they will say 'ok no problem'.  You wait......no Omelet arrives.  You ask wher is Omelet - Sorry - No Eggs today.   But they didn't want to tell you because they didn't want you to be upset with them for not havign any eggs!!!  Obviously Tibetans and Nepalis are related.

Even better is the shaking of the head to mean YES and the nodding to mean NO - I had an argument with a Nepali Bus driver once - i wanted to ride on the top of the bus - stting on the luggage with the other Nepalis as the mountain road was fantatic and view were great from the top of the bus - there were also no goats on the top!!!  He kept shaking his head when i asked him why I couldn't ride on top.  It was just stating to get animated when my wife stroled up and said - what is the problem he is saying yes - oops of course he was.  She had been to Nepal before and said " they don't like westeners riding on the top of the busses  - as they complain too much when they fall off"

Buddist Temple in Scotland - where is that?

And Yes - it is well known the Mr Gere is a buddisty type of chap who supports the Dali Lama.

But you know buddists are really Oldfield fans.  Their prayer go something like this

Ommmmm Ommmm
Ommmm mani padme Ommmm

I think they are confused - it should be Ommmmm  Ommmm  OmmmaaaaDawn Egg yowl..   Ommm Ommm Ommmadawn egg yowl.  Ahhh Ommmm

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2008, 21:21

Quote (Harmono @ Nov. 16 2008, 22:08)

Gosh - I though you were a ripe plum.

;)  ;)

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2008, 06:07

Just to prove that us English aren't all stiff upper lipped, and talk with plums in our mouths.

England is under threat again, but this time the enemy is the government, they seem so intent on destroying all things English, but we need Roots

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P5h4PFBuzvw

:)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2008, 09:16

Now that is seriously good.  I just listened to all the Utube videos from these guys.  

Roots is True - so true.

But so is the other stuff they have done.  And the wee guy on the Madolin/ Ukelely - Brilliant.  

They Must be Scottish  (Ha .. Only Joking..)

These guys are Jedi !

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
27 replies since Nov. 15 2008, 15:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net