Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Yet I like it< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 31 2001, 18:05

It seems like everybody here is spouting every possible evil against Mike's MVR. Yes, I agree, the demo is silly (action is almost totally absent from it) and the stuff written on the MVR site ("groundbreaking"... "a chill-out experience"... etc.) is even sillier. Yet I like it. smile It's not the most wonderful videogame in the world, but is Mike Oldfield a videogame designer/creator? I don't think so. wink Thus, if he still wants to amuse himself creating virtual worlds, let's just hope that he dedicates more attention to the musical aspects of them. After all, Mike's a musician...isn't he? smile

BTW, the music from the MVR demo, IMHO, is not that bad. smile

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 18 2001, 03:10

Yes Ugo, I like it too.
Actually, I don't think 'action' is what Mike wanted to portray - more like 'an experience'. That it certainly DOES give (although in the demo it is quite limited, but it's a demo afterall isn't it ?).

I agree that it's not the best in terms of visual content(other video games give much better visually stunning scenes). However, it bring something quite unique and it gives a pure, almost holy sense of enjoyment and relaxation. It's good to have some kind of adventure (finding the rings) and a mini game (getting the three spheres into the portal)but to me these are secondary to the music/visual experience gained through the demo.

I'm looking forward to the next installment!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
1 replies since May 31 2001, 18:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net