Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Why not on regular CD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
gorjanbak Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 17 2000, 03:50

I'm asking my self,why this new Mike's project will be awailable only wia internet.And I don't have internet at my home.How I suppose to listen the new album when it will be finished.Please Mike make a regular CD too.
Profile PM 
alexander.schweigert Offline

Posted: June 21 2000, 17:23

Dear Mr. Oldfield,
I hope you will make a CD for us fans.
We will help you putting your project on a CD
This is Virtual Reality!
Alexander Schweigert http://www.oldfield.de

--------------
www.oldfield.de
Profile PM WEB 
Carsten Grunwald Offline

Posted: June 22 2000, 04:25

Dear Mr. Oldfield

I hope you will create a SR - CD.
There are many Fans who have no Internet.
Please give them a chance to hear (and see?) your wonderful music.

C. Grunwald

Profile PM WEB 
Gerhard Offline

Posted: June 23 2000, 11:37

Dear Mr. Oldfield,

many of us had helped with ideas for your virtual reality project!

Why do you let thousand of fans out there ...mr. shame (do you remember!?)

I hope, it's a fake!

Greetings
Gerhard
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 24 2000, 13:51

NO CD, NO Mac-Version... NO Oldfield???

Are you possessed??? ;-)

Well, please, THINK IT OVER!

Regards,

Florian (Stuttgart, Germany)
steve Offline

Posted: June 29 2000, 07:18

Hello Mike!
First you say you wait for new and faster Computer´s.
Now exist´s the fast Computers.
Why use you not the New Medium DVD for your VR-Projekt???

That was what you like.

Sorry for my bad english but i hope i can you bring laughing.

stephan mueller
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 29 2000, 07:44

Typical behaviour of WEA and / or Mike Oldfield: Ignorance.

How should I get the music / images without having a credit card??? Oh yes, I see, somebody will copy it for me on illegal CDR!

Is it that what you want, stupid people over there?
Rainer
Vinz Offline

Posted: June 29 2000, 09:26

Dear Mike,
I'm very disappointed here...
Do you think that everybody has internet or even a computer at home ? It's true that more and more people got these devices, but it's far to be the case for all your fans ! It's a king of segregation by the money there ! Where is your sense of sharing ? I only hope you have one...
Do you think that a lot of people will pay on Internet with their credit cards to get your (virtual) project ? How many people have bought 'The Art In Heaven' video ? Not much, I guess...
Do you want to be the first to sell a virtual reality game with music ? Do you want to be a pioneer ? Well, in many ways you are a pioneer, but did TSODE help you ? You were the first there : An audio CD with a CD-ROM track, what a good idea ! Too bad, everybody thinks that it's Peter Gabriel who made it first !
Get out of your mystical sphere (or tube as you wish) ! Wake Up !
IMO, a regular CD as TSODE is better. In fact, you should release two versions of the CD one PC and one MAC. Being a PC owner myself, I only could see TSODE 6 months ago... How frustrating ! To have lived this, I don't want it for the others...
Well, that's all. I know you will never read this, but it's my opinion...
Keep on making very good music available for everybody...

Thanx
Vinz

As french, my feeling may be confused... English is not my natural language... Excuse me...

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
Sebastian Offline

Posted: July 19 2000, 05:47

Hello Mike.
I can't believe what you're doing! NO CD of Sonic Reality??? What about people who have a very slow internet access? The costs for the download would be astronomical for them. And what about your younger fans (like me) who don't have a credit card? If you continue like this, Sonic Reality will be a flop.
I hope that you'll come to your senses.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Profile PM 
Pikalcazar Offline

Posted: Oct. 18 2000, 12:58

Please, make a CD of SVR with the style of TSODE (CD Tracks with images, etc.)!
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 24 2000, 13:32

Mike..., Mike...,Mike...!!!

Please, please, please...
Give me the CD
Or wait a little bit
AND finally make a GOOD release!
Amaroxian Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2001, 03:28

In Poland cost of internet accsess is about 1.5 dollar per hour. In this time it`s possible to download maximum of 5MB of stuff. And it`s when connection is PERFECT. I couldn`t download the demo at home. I`ve had to go to Internet Cafe to do so. And the credit card problem... I don`t have one and I don`t think it`s so easy to ask someone for "borrowing" it for this purpose. There are often diffrent sort of problems with credit card numbers when sending their numbers throught net and I won`t blame my friends if they won`t let me use it.
Its very sad noone is thinking about the fans, but the easiest (and cheapest) way to get the money. I hope (just for these poor people) that they`re right.
Profile PM 
Tubular Jack Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2001, 15:22

hello there, fancy a chat - I never find fellow Mike Oldfield fans on here
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 21 2001, 15:29

I guess we can't forget Mike's hints that they will consider a CD release as well, even though Paul Harris from Dark Star is saying we shouldn't bank on that happening.

I don't think that, at the moment, the payment method matters - they could be asking for it in gold bars and it still wouldn't matter, ro the simple reason that, at the moment, there is nothing for sale...

Nothing is really fixed yet, so there's still time for things to move in a direction that keeps fans happy.

I don't think it's about fans, though - Mike just wants to make a VR game, and he's giving the public the priveledge of playing it, if they're able to. There will always be people who aren't fortunate enough to be able to enjoy Mike's work - in this case because they don't have a PC to play it on, or one capable of playing it. Not everyone has a CD player, though, and not everyone is able to hear music at all (Should Mike concentrate on producing entertainment forms for people who are both deaf and blind so that everyone can experience his work? The concept is an interesting one, though what regular fans would think of the end result might be a different matter...)...Mike goes his own way and, as a fan, it is unfortunate if him doing that excludes you, but that's the way it seems to be. I don't think Music VR is being produced with money making in mind, trying to reach the widest audience and all the rest of it - it's more that Mike's doing it because he wants to and because he can, and he hopes that somehow, it might end up in a few people's homes...But then, that's just my opinion, and I have been wrong before...
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 23 2001, 15:08

In the interview on "The Raft" (and I paid special attention, because I asked the question) Mike gave the distinct impression that Music VR would be released on CD. Or at least the music would if not the game/ experience/ whatever.

I feel Paul Harris was just being cautious about not raising expectations when it might not happen; but it might happen.

Personally I think it would be great to have an audio CD to promote an Internet thing rather than an Internet thing to promote an audio CD.

All that IMHO, of course.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2001, 15:22

does anyone know will there be normal music cd of the music in MVR. the short clips of the music i've heard...sounds good. but damned if there won't be a cd...

fan from finland

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2002, 03:34

there will be a cd of the music. Thats what Tres Lunas and his next CD will be. I just think he should package a sell Music VR as a computer Game. We will still have to pay for it.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2002, 12:43

The Tr3s Lunas CD WILL include the MVR FULL game (unlocked only on registering) - so that should please all here!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
17 replies since June 17 2000, 03:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net