[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Who said it?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TimHighfield Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 30 2000, 08:48

Morning all.

As 2distortedguitars said in the Amarok forums about MFTB:
"Listen to the last second and you can feintly hear "F***k off" being said"

My question is this: who said it? It doesn't sound like a normal voice to me, perhaps with some natural distortion or technical. The voice is not consistent with Mike's singing, although his vocal chords probably weren't used to the use they were put to, and came out slightly distorted wink.

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Fox Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2001, 13:49

Whoa! Sounds like I better check that out. I never noticed it before. Once Islands (the CD I'm listening to now ;-) finishes I'll get back to you on that.
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2001, 13:01

Ok, Islands finally finished smile. I listened to it with the volume waaaay up on those last few seconds. You're right.

It does sound a little distorted, but it sounds like Mike himself. Thanks for pointing that out; it adds yet another piece of personality to this under rated album biggrin.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2001, 18:03

I hate to disagree with anyone, but I hear this as "F*ck off, oooh!" plus someone laughing. smile Maybe someone from the band? The saxophonist??? smile

Anyway, "F*ck off" is Mike. I'm sure about it. It can't be anyone else. smile

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
rollosb Offline

Posted: April 30 2002, 12:01

Absolutely right there. He's saying "F**k off" and he's laughing while at it. Could it be to Virgin or to the saxophonist?

--------------
Rollo - The Psychedelic Freaky Guy
Profile PM WEB 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2004, 14:15

I forgot I said that! I also made a clear recording of it, but that's long gone now

Obviously he's addressing Virgin. That's what the whole album's secretly about. When you see it from an ironic perspective the album's not so bad

There is also laughing at the end of the title track. I haven't heard it for a while, but I remember making a recording of it as well
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 11 2004, 19:31

Yes, at the end of the track Heaven's Open, someone says something along the lines of "that was good" in a slightly silly manner. I'd imagine that both the pieces of speech are things that ended up caught on tape at the end of takes and were left on there, or even edited out and placed in there - the f**k off especially would seem to have been picked for its relevance to the album!
Profile PM 
6 replies since Dec. 30 2000, 08:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net