Face slap 4  [9.30%]
Aeromodellers toolbox contents 4  [9.30%]
Referees whistle 1  [2.33%]
Spoons 1  [2.33%]
Other.... 3  [6.98%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Which weird instrument on Amarok sounds best?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 20 2007, 16:09

You may be right, Ugo, with audio-tinkering, I suppose a rather weak slap to one's own face could end up as the 'Ouch' sort that we hear on the album.

I don't recall barking anywhere on Amarok. When does it appear?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2007, 16:18

Adding to the above post, I may say that, considering the high amount of silliness in various items of Amarok's instruments list :D, it may not be a real face slap at all - it may well be a sound effect (like the telephone) taken from who-knows where :) But, on the other hand, considering instead the 'hand-played' nature of most of Amarok, I find it very believable that Mike made that sound by giving a big slap on his big face. :D

@ Sweatpea: toy dogs (the kind I'm thinking of) don't bark like real dogs - they make a shrill yap-yap-yap kind of sound. I'm sure that a sound like that is somewhere in Amarok.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2007, 17:56

I think after all this I'd be really disappointed if it wasn't real!
:laugh:
Profile PM 
22 replies since Aug. 08 2005, 09:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net