Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Where will you be at 6pm on 8 june?, Be there when the bell chimes!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 27 2009, 06:28

:) where will you be when the bell tolls at 6pm on 8 june? major sites will be broadcast, a chance to see yourself celebrating with fans around the world! deb
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 27 2009, 07:17

The bells will toll on June 6th,not on the 8th...it's on the official press release  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 27 2009, 07:26

Well it all sounds good to me - but then I'm a Mike Oldfield fan.

Find it hard to actually visualise it being broadcast all over the world though, you know, it's not celebrating some major event or helping to 'feed the world.' Who's going to turn up except us -  I imagine we're 5 to 10 coach loads full.

The 8th June is a Monday, so I'll be at work unless I book an annual leave day :)

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: April 27 2009, 09:49

I migt pop into London and take some sound and footage and write a review
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 27 2009, 13:29

On 6/6/09 the bells will toll here,dunno how I'm going to do at home...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: April 27 2009, 14:19

I'll be at home. Most likely I've just had dinner by then, so perhaps I'm doing the dishes or putting on a kettle.
In my world every day is a Mike Oldfield day.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 27 2009, 19:37

:p tati i meant to write the 6th, why i wrote the 8th? anyhow i am too far from sydney and criminal law essays are due! deb
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 04:40

Quote (wiga @ April 27 2009, 07:26)
Well it all sounds good to me - but then I'm a Mike Oldfield fan.

Find it hard to actually visualise it being broadcast all over the world though, you know, it's not celebrating some major event or helping to 'feed the world.' Who's going to turn up except us -  I imagine we're 5 to 10 coach loads full.

The 8th June is a Monday, so I'll be at work unless I book an annual leave day :)

;) As Tati said this will be on 6th not on 8th , so a saturday . Maybe you could go to listen the bells in London .

Humm ? I'm asking to me if i'm not going to go in Paris just for the pleasure of listening the bells ringing ... and record them too , of course  :)
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 06:13

Saturday sounds much better - see you Brits in London at 6pm. I'll be there :)

Edit to sing: Saturday Saturday Satur-day, Saturday Saturday Satur-day, Saturday Saturday Satur-day Night's Alright!

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 13:55

Gee Deb, I just dunno. I think I'll be off from work. Trouble is, MO is not important in my neck of the woods, boo hoo. It's Texas USA for cripes sake.....I've had a hard 30 years finding freinds who like him(most in college in the mid '80s. Most musically inclined.) In the 21st century.....forget it. It's rap, country or metal. I don't want to be here any more than you want to read this post. But transplanting me to Europe is too late. This is my hell, my fate. For those of you from out-of-town, Austin may be the South by Southwest music capital where people all over the world come to promote their music, but living here sucks....this is Jaurez Mexico. Good luck with the once-a-year South by Southwest visits tho...6th street(if thats all you'll see) is fun.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 28 2009, 18:05

I might hop and skip across the pond for the event--haven't decided yet; otherwise, I'll be home...baking tubular bells cookies, drinking a Guinness, listening to TB.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: April 28 2009, 20:14

Quote (larstangmark @ April 27 2009, 20:19)
I'll be at home. Most likely I've just had dinner by then, so perhaps I'm doing the dishes or putting on a kettle.
In my world every day is a Mike Oldfield day.

amen for that one :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 21:48

Quote (Scatterplot @ April 28 2009, 13:55)
Gee Deb, I just dunno. I think I'll be off from work. Trouble is, MO is not important in my neck of the woods, boo hoo. It's Texas USA for cripes sake.....I've had a hard 30 years finding freinds who like him(most in college in the mid '80s. Most musicall

Yo jim my sentiments exactly, the world is in recession, war, poverty and the new flu are top of the list, we all have to work to live, life is tough, bell ringing, wall st recovering is what i want to hear, deb
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: May 01 2009, 05:39

:) In fact , the question should be " Where will Mike be when the bell tolls at 6pm on 6 june ? "

Maybe in London with you English fans .... how lucky you would be !  :)
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: May 01 2009, 07:09

Do we actually know what is happening and where in London?

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 01 2009, 07:30

I'll be dropping the kids off at 6 pm and then rushing home to scan the news to see if anythings on there.If not i shall be listening to TB anyway.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: May 01 2009, 08:36

:) Any chance to meet other French fans there ? What about this ? anything planned ? Yanouch will you be there ? or are you going to prefer Milano ?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 01 2009, 19:53

Quote (clotty @ May 01 2009, 11:09)
Do we actually know what is happening and where in London?

No, we don't...and it seems to me like they're still working on the plan.

They may surprise us and come up with something huge, but I wouldn't bank on it. We'll most likely suggest a place for people to meet up, once we have some better information on where things will be taking place, but I'd not recommend travelling a long way to see it.

If anyone wants to travel to London anyway, by all means go ahead and book something, but come expecting a nice holiday in London rather than a big (or even a small!) Mike Oldfield event. Some of us from the tubular.net team will probably be around to meet up with people for drinks, but we really don't want to make any firm promises about what's going to happen until we've got some more hard information...which may not come until the last minute. Obviously we're trying to get information sooner rather than later (the ideal being properly consulted about plans so we can make sure there's a decent fan involvement element in there), but we'll just have to wait and see what actually comes.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: May 02 2009, 07:33

I will take my kids, travel to the nearest "bell-event", find a place to sit comfortably and then I´m gonna smack the kids in the ass in sync with the bells  :D

ohhh...I forgot. I don´t even have kids..
:laugh:
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 02 2009, 09:22

Quote (Tubular Tos @ May 01 2009, 14:36)
:) Any chance to meet other French fans there ? What about this ? anything planned ? Yanouch will you be there ? or are you going to prefer Milano ?

I will be in Martigny...

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
24 replies since April 27 2009, 06:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net