[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Where r u all from??, ??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cooper Roy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 19 2010, 19:39

Quote (milamber @ July 19 2010, 04:32)
Cooper are we to believe you belong to this bunch of Ex private school prefects :laugh:

Next time you sink a soda ,to paraphrase Mr nightspore esq,you might like to recall it was Dr.Joseph Priestley who discovered ye olde bubbly-gas contained therein.He lived just up the road from me. (I was never his fag,mind you! )

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: July 19 2010, 19:51

Quote (nightspore @ July 19 2010, 08:24)
Or perhaps "Cooper Roy" just sounds American. I can imagine a bunch of Freshmen saying "Good ol Cooper Roy - you can always find him having a soda with his buddies after the baseball game!"  :D

If you baying wolves require the truth...I screwed-up my registration on this ere' soite.My name is,my name is- Donald Roy Cooper.

That selfsame DRC who moments ago selected a one-month free trial of Amazon UK Prime to have a certain wordsmiths latest output delivered pronto to my (near-Dr.Priestleys-house) abode.

So,Mr.DK.I trust you are winging your way on the Quaintarse red-eye shuttle from Darn'Under so as to arrive simul-simult-at the same time ,as aforementioned tome in order that you may read to me those elegant sentence structures in person.    :p

Don't forget the duty-free ' Soda '  ;)

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 19 2010, 20:44

Quote (Ugo @ July 19 2010, 19:14)
Quote (nightspore @ July 19 2010, 07:25)
Ugo, in your opinion would most public librarians in Italy understand English?

No, Italians generally don't understand English. According to the latest statistics, only 11% of Italians understand English on a very basic, scholastic level - the "Hello, how are you? - Fine, thanks" kinds of things. :)

Regarding the fishing, yes, the fishing here is very good. There are lots and lots of seafood-based restaurants, and all of them are always pretty well attended (if not crowded) at all times of the year. Unfortunately I don't like fish...

Vicki, on the other hand, must be very pleased to live in such an area!
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 09:19

Quote (milamber @ July 19 2010, 09:18)
Also The Caveman has been absent for a while and Syd B is nowhere to be seen :(

I'm back! :)
Profile PM 
Herod Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 19:55

Quote (Ugo @ July 19 2010, 19:14)
No, Italians generally don't understand English.

I agree, Ugo... but isn't 11% a bit too small a percentage? I think more italians do handle the english language... even 12% !! :D

By the way, my name is Ermanno, and I'm from Rome ;)

--------------
The last 80 seconds of 'Amarok' are one of the reasons for being happy to live in this planet.
Profile PM 
Michael Hilton Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 20:36

Mike here from Lancashire,
But Adelaide is better. Still a true pom though!!
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 04:12

I'm from Mjölby, Sweden. Very average swedish small town. Nothing spectacular. 3-4 hours driving distance to Stockholm or Göteborg.

Notice a couple of Italians here! My wife has family in Rome (via Tiburtina) and we will most likely inherit an apartment in Ischia di Castro, near lake Bolsena in the not too distant future. I wouldn't mind going Italian permanently some day. Noone wants swedish winters.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 21 2010, 04:39

Quote (Syd B @ July 20 2010, 23:19)

Hey Mate :)
Welcome back.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 08:37

Quote (milamber @ July 21 2010, 04:39)
Quote (Syd B @ July 20 2010, 23:19)

Hey Mate :)
Welcome back.

Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 14:34

Quote (larstangmark @ July 21 2010, 10:12)
Notice a couple of Italians here! My wife has family in Rome (via Tiburtina) and we will most likely inherit an apartment in Ischia di Castro, near lake Bolsena in the not too distant future. I wouldn't mind going Italian permanently some day. Noone wants swedish winters.

I want Swedish winters! It's so hot right now I can't think straight, has been for a few weeks now.

Greetings from southern Finland.

Btw. that review is interesting, I'll certainly order Daniel's book.
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 20:50

Quote (Harmono @ July 21 2010, 14:34)

...a smidgeon more interesting when it is held in ones sweaty paws,Harmono.

"I'm Lovin' It," nightspore. The feel is positive-and all without milamber having to bash-the-hell out of anything! ;) Only arrived this p.m. ,so  bedside- Oh,Matron!- reading tonight.

(As an aside you may like to know the end-paper reads:Lightning Source UK Ltd. Milton Keynes UK.15 June 2010.-tho you probably
do...)

CR

--------------
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 21:14

Thanks, Harmono - that's really nice of you. Do let me know your impressions when you've read it!
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 21:15

Quote (Cooper Roy @ July 21 2010, 20:50)

...a smidgeon more interesting when it is held in ones sweaty paws,Harmono.

"I'm Lovin' It," nightspore. The feel is positive-and all without milamber having to bash-the-hell out of anything! ;) Only arrived this p.m. ,so  bedside- Oh,Matron!- reading tonight.

(As an aside you may like to know the end-paper reads:Lightning Source UK Ltd. Milton Keynes UK.15 June 2010.-tho you probably
do...)

CR

Thanks, Cooper. Good old lightning source: they live up to their name. What do you think of the story "Chat Room"? :)
Profile PM 
Incantations Offline

Posted: July 23 2010, 21:57

Hmm.. I suppose I am the first American (United States, that is) posting on this thread. I live in Southern California (eastern USA) and thus can only get Mike and other Prog-type bands from the internet.

Well, except Dream Theater, people adore them around here!

--------------
Hmm...
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 23 2010, 22:32

Quote (Incantations @ July 23 2010, 21:57)
Hmm.. I suppose I am the first American (United States, that is) posting on this thread. I live in Southern California (eastern USA) and thus can only get Mike and other Prog-type bands from the internet.

You'll have to trade baseball anecdotes with Cooper!  :D
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 24 2010, 20:12

Quote (nightspore @ July 24 2010, 12:32)

Or maybe sponsor him for a Greencard :D
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: July 25 2010, 05:18

...What do you think of the story "Chat Room"? :)

I am sorry, nightspore. What precisely is this Internet's thing?
Is it something to do with trawlermens livelihoods becoming hopelessly entangled? You may hope people will catch-on to your notion, but I think you may be codding them about all that. :D

CR

(soon come,DK)  ;)

--------------
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
Incantations Offline

Posted: July 27 2010, 02:24

Quote (nightspore @ July 23 2010, 14:32)

Nope, I'd much rather sit on the couch all day and enjoy some cheese pizza dipped in ranch dressing. ;)

--------------
Hmm...
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 29 2010, 12:32

<wakes up from under the rock where she has been escaping various kinds of heat>

@ Incantations....There are a few of us here from the US of A (woah--big sense of deja vu--did I just post something to that effect somewhere a month ago??? yikes) --I'm in the Finger Lakes region of New York State--if you're in the eastern US in Southern California, guess that makes me west of you, depending on how we're going around the Globe. :D  

I like Dream Theater a lot--you might want to stream www.morow.com out of Paris for additional artists (they include prog, metal prog, classic prog). It's where I "met" Dream Theater a few years back. Amazingly some artists are available in stores, like Blackfield and Porcupine Tree (Steven Wilson's brainchildren)--and others you can order directly from the artists, or (my bad) through iTunes. I'm currently in love with Pain of Salvation, Gazapacho, Nigthwish and Lava Engine, all Scandinavian prog or metal prog bands. But especially Pain.

Cheese pizza dipped in ranch, eh? You'd be right at home in our house. :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Incantations Offline

Posted: July 30 2010, 06:59

Oh... did I say Eastern? Sorry, ment Western... :zzz:

Thats what happens when you post the majority of your posts at around 4 A.M... :p

And to Inkanta's responce on pizza: and you would be fine in mine!

--------------
Hmm...
Profile PM 
133 replies since May 10 2003, 23:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net