Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Where is the secret chamber under the temple, Secret chamber< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 22 2002, 10:41

Someone mentioned that in the temple (not the make a wish temple) that there is a secret chamber under the pedestal with the revolving ring . Apparently this can be entered by flying from the back, where the cats are located.  A door apparently periodically opens and closes. Has anyone seen this?  Does it only appear after a specific game e.g. the piano, or ring game for example.

Thanks
Paul
Profile PM 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2002, 15:18

I don't think that it depends on the games that have been played, but I could be wrong here.  The back panel of the plinth under the ring opens and closes every 33 seconds so just be patient if it appears to be closed.  However, despite my best efforts I've never managed to get the ring or fly into the cavity.

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2002, 04:32

I managed to enter the secret chamber under the spinning ring, but just came out the other side of the pedestal in front of the ring.

I've played MVR many times now and it is interesting how often I discover new things...  just yesterday the white butterfly tree (identical to the one on top of the rock stacks adjacent to the mobiles in the left desert) appeared between the moon tree and the scorpion tree in the main desert...  I touched it but nothing happened... no butterfly image... odd

I wonder what else there is lurking in the game...
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2002, 14:37

Yeah I've been wondering this as well. I've gone back to playing it quite a lot recently and have been trying all sorts of things to see what else is left to discover.

Personaly I think it would be quite cool if at some point in the not to distant future we could persuade Mike to hold an online Q+A devoted to MVR. I suppose it may ruin it for some people though.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2002, 15:55

:) i posted in another topic that sometimes it seems to me that this place has a kind of own life... just a looney thought  :p

i've been thinking that the number of possible combinations is quite big... and maybe there's something new in some of them but we will not know until we try them all ... maybe there's nothing more but... who knows...
and i like this... i mean, i like flying with the feeling that there could be something new to discover, that not everything is closed... and playing online... it's always a kind of mistery because in the bbs u can only post short messages giving clues since it's not a chat place... this is good because when u are in mvr u are a firebeing or a plane or whatever... and... (maybe another looney thought) i feel there's something to learn about the movements of the other avatars... words could be not important there... just some clues... also a kind of discovery... i wonder if getting used to fly with someone it would be possible flying together along the complete journey to the rainbow without speaking...

so, for me it's not very important the q & a section
:)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Oct. 22 2002, 10:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net