Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Where is the Landfall music?, How can one hear the Landfall piece?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 09 2002, 11:36

Can someone tell me where the Landfall piece is in the game?

Cheers

Paul
Profile PM 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2002, 14:14

I found that track in the game!!!
You can gear it when you go to the Turtle Island by the seagull.
After taking three rings the voice says to you: "The sprite will send yo forward". Then you've to catch it and baby-mermaid will appear in the middle of the arch. So DON'T TAKE BABY!!! GO TO THE TOP OF THAT ARCH. YOU'LL SEE GOLDEN RING THERE. SHOOT IT AND YOU'LL BE TAKEN TO THE ISLAND BY THE SEAGULL BUT WITH DIFFERENT MUSIC!

Have a nice time!!!

The Landfall music was found by "freshhh" back in June.  Hope this helps.

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2002, 23:16

yep, freshhh was right.
tonight i tried it and it works. i shot at the ring which is on the top of the arch and i was taken to turtle island, but not by the seagull, i flew there as an 'air being' :D since the ava also dissappeared and when arrive at the island the music u can hear is a bit of turtle island, later i shot the ring which is over the rock bridge and sent to origin...
:)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2003, 18:22

Thanks  - this does indeed work and makes me wonder how many other "things" there are like this in the game.   Many have commented on the various static rings and objects in the game that seem to serve no purpose, yet could be hiding other things.

Most recently I got a slightly different butterfly sequence with the familiar music mixed with another piece from the game.  However - I was playing with my 5 year old son at the time and I cannot remember how!!!  I'll try and re-trace my steps - I believe it was after touching/shooting one of the small white trees by one of the very large rock stacks in the left desert, rather than the tree on the top.

I also discovered that you can replay the horse to lake sequence, by shooting at the moving ring cluster on top of the rock stack immediately adjacent to the lake.

Clearly that wonderful ending music is one of these - has anyone managed to find that yet?

I really wonder what else there is to find...

Paul
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2003, 19:16

Just a thought. ( and I'm presuming this is possible ) Could you not hack into the a games program and find out exactly what sound files are there to determine what has not been heard yet? I was kind of prsuming the poeple who had remixed the MVR music had accessed these files directly and copied them.

The holy grail of MVR has to be breaking down the barriers which I and others have done but can not remember how. One day Mike should post a clue as to how.
Profile PM 
kris
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 04 2003, 23:53

I'm assuming that the end music is in there somewhere.  The CD that was made available seems to have taken sound bites from the game somehow.   In my opinion this is the true goal of the game to discover this music.  

I've broken down the barriers while swimming around Turtle Island before and assumed it was a bug.  Ii wasn't terribly impressed - there was no music and little puddles of blue water everywhere that were obviously not written into the game.

I think there was one believable post from someone who had heard the end music one time (and one non-believable post), so I am inclined to thinks its possible somehow.  Why would there diamond rings in the game that do nothing but take you back to the origin?  I think it has got to have something to with these, but I really have no idea.  With all of the bugs in the game, it wouldn't surprise me if there's no way to get to the end music, even though it was intended that there be a way.
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2003, 07:04

Agreed.  I believe there are still things to be discovered in the details but I tend to think that all the major "themes/movies" have already been found, except, of course, the ending music.

I am still inclined to think that this is in some way triggered by collecting (or activating) all the possible rings (the 9 or 10 gold rings, the 3 diamond rings and the 3 "brass" rings), but have yet to find a sequence that works.  Clearly some of the gold rings have to be surrendered at some point to avoid finishing the game prematurely, so the number of possible combinations is higher than I can calculate.

To me, this idea seems more satisfying than some arbitrary trigger, but since I have been totally unsuccessful, I could be barking up the wrong tree.  Any thoughts?

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2003, 12:34

One thing I noted here a while back was that if you fire things at the avatars lots of little avatars pour out of them with the notable exception of the airship which spreads little blue seeds about, has anybody else noticed this, give it a try. There must be some reason for this maybe if you park the airship above a certain area and 'seed' the ground below it things happen. I've tried various things in this area of the game but with no successfull results.

One last thing about breaking down the barriers. If you do it you can go over to the 'daliphant' where someone said there was a large cystal pyramid type thing. Sounds worth seeing.

As to the end music. I'm not to bothered about discovering it as I wasn't very impressed by it as a piece of music when I heard it on TL2. But hey thats just me.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2003, 23:38

One consistant way of braking down the barriers and going to the Daliphant that I have found is by going to the small 'aers rock' with the crystal thingy on top. Just before you go to the next dimension try backing out or swerving to the side (may have to try a few times) - sometimes you'll find the crystal sphere thingy remains there, soothing music remains and you can fly around WITHOUT the barriers and go right up to the Daliphant (it's only 2D flat and pixelated but still worth the journey). There's an obelisk on its back.

IDEA: Once when Mike was leading us through MVR online he said there would be a prize for one who took the barrage balloon (blimp) all the way through to the final scene. Maybe if you take it there and fire at it the blue sees will come and it may trigger the final music with a final sequence....just a thought! It's been too difficult for me to do it yet!  :/

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2003, 15:17

i've tried to find something different by combining the way to get the gold rings with the three diamond rings, in the combinations i've made i found nothing new yet.

anyway, from time to time some new bits appear, some days ago i posted i had gone to the rings game from the tree which is the gate to the good world... that time i kept the golden stone to shoot... normally to enter i shoot the white sphere in the branches of the tree and i thought it was with the seeds but not... u lose any object u've got when getting close to the tree... (i've had a kind of mess with seeds these days...) that day i had the golden stone and shoot and instead of going to the sprites section i went to the rings game. i got it once, later i've tried and no way, but that time there it was... so the question is... bug or something i did before triggered it?  
and recently i tried what someone told about going to the dolphins from turtle island without the snake but shooting the pearl in the oyster, it works, the ray comes and takes u to the dolphins...

so i also think there are still new things to be discovered in mvr and it's more funny in this way, if all were perfectly clear from the beginning i think i would get bored more easily

p.s. good new ideas about the avatars' seeds rain... ;)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2003, 16:27

Re: airship - just been there, done that, no cigar :-(
At least just finishing the game sticking to an avatar (I tried both the airship and the little bird) doesn't change anything - maybe you need also the diamond rings and the rebirth tunnels (I just picked up all normal rings - which was already hard enough with that bulky airship - none of the extra games).
I also found recently that in the sprite world (where you go through the moon tree), you can change to butterfly world by touching the butterflies, and back through the moon tree. There was also a zone somewhere close to the scorpion bush that, at least sometimes, triggered the sprites' final music (without leaving the scene).
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2003, 16:56

Quote (TOBY @ Jan. 05 2003, 01:16)
Could you not hack into the a games program and find out exactly what sound files are there to determine what has not been heard yet? I was kind of prsuming the poeple who had remixed the MVR music had accessed these files directly and copied them.

Toby, at the Czech Oldfield site, there is a tool called OggRipper, that makes this job easy by scanning treslunas.dat (resp. mvrdemo.dat) for all that looks like Ogg-Vorbis sound data and writes it out to files. Conversion of .ogg to .wav is left as an excercise to the user...
From a first scan (it's about 200 files from the full version, and 40 from the demo), the 'final theme' is the only one of the larger files that I haven't met yet.
Otherwise,  there seem to be some spare tones fo the green crystals as well as some more hints from the white lady (something like 'the horse', 'the butterflies and the tree', 'in the branches') and a few short sounds that I haven't been able to recognize yet.

Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2003, 18:29

Cheers for that I'll give it a go, sounds interesting but maybe then this proves there is no more new music to hear.

timshen. That method of breaking down the barriers must be a bug in your game because I've just tried every possible combanation of flying round and through the crystal thingy but to no avail. Maybe there's various way's of doing it beacause the one and only time I've been through the barriers and over to the volcano was after being at turtle island but I've never repeated it despite trying.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2003, 05:35

toby, it’s not a bug. it’s not easy to make the sprite master trigger the barriers off but it’s possible. i had been trying by braking and moving back as fast as i could but it seems it was not the way, the other day i moved as if going to its centre but turned on the right and went out of it between the silver rings and it worked, I thought it may have something to do with not touching the metal of the thing… don’t know if it is the only way but this is one at least…

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
13 replies since Dec. 09 2002, 11:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net