Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Where is the hypnosis stuff??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 25 2000, 16:54

In the cover of the CD, it has an "Extracts From" section, in which MO notes all the different he extracted from. But, one of the things is Mike Joseph's Self-hypnosis Tape: Where in the album is that?????

I've noticed that whenever i listen to this CD while going to sleep, I always seem to drift away at the end of LTBL; beginning of Supernova. Another spot i thought it might be is the end of Oceania/ beginning of Only Time Will Tell, when the same note is being played over and over and over...

Anyone have any idea at all? Is it in just one spot, or used sparatically through-out?

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 26 2000, 16:41

No. There's nothing subliminal. It's against the law to do that. That's why an old PC puzzle game called "Endorfun" (I think) caused controversy because the music had subliminal messages and the graphics were a bit sumbliminal looking as well. It didn't rate highly either so which ever way to take it, it was crap. If they wanted controversy why didn't they think of Grand Theft Auto?

I think the self-hypnosis tape samples come from the man speaking in Crystal Clear' the countdown is actually what some hypnotists do to wake a person up out of hypnosis. Notice that he isn't putting any officialness into his countdown, he is just saying it really carelessly. I don't care whether they are 800 or so years into the future on another planet, they'd still put some sense of formality into the countdowns. Still it sounds good. Also notice he says melting and dissolving. Mike must have thought the person saying it didn't sound futuristic, atmospheric or cool enough so he got another female voice to it in LTBL
Profile PM 
1 replies since Oct. 25 2000, 16:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net