Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Where is the hoover tune?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dunebasher Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 27 2009, 16:38

I'm listening to the "Tubular Bells Long - 1971 Demo" from the Digital Box Set on Spotify. Is this meant to be the demo that has the legendary hoover section? If so, can anyone tell me where exactly in the track it is? The only part I can find that sounds like it *might* be it is from 14'12" - 15'02".
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 27 2009, 18:14

No, it's not that. The section you mention is the embryonic form of the "honky tonk pub piano" section of TB Part 1, the one that's called "Blues" on TB 2003. The hoover tune is "Bagpipe Guitars" and the demo it came from is called "Caveman Lead-In" - but there's no hoover in it - at least as far as I can hear. I think that when Mike mentioned that he would put the hoover demo out (which was, IIRC, when TB 2003 was being worked on) he was either saying that just for the sake of saying it, or, as it's often the case with him, he changed his mind later. However, all I know about the so-called hoover tune is that Mike mentioned said an interview, quite some time ago, that he'd turned on a hoover to get a sort of "droning" noise ("hmmmmmmmmm...") like the drone you get with bagpipes. So the section he was referring to is, without doubt, the one that ended up being called "Bagpipe Guitars" on TB 2003. But I have no idea whether the hoover demo actually exists or not... maybe it does exist, maybe he looked for it and couldn't find it, so it's not included among the demos... who knows! :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
1 replies since Aug. 27 2009, 16:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net