Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Where is Landfall music?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 05 2002, 12:55

According to the official Tr3s Lunas site, which quotes mike, the music 'Landfall' ....

"...is definitely an ambient track. The music describes that moment in the interactive game when you are able to leave the desert and you have collected enough rings to go to a tiny island lying in the middle of one of the game´s seas. “Landfall” was an expression used by sailors such as Christopher Columbus when they arrived at land after a long sea journey."

But I have not heard this music in the game (listen to the extract on http://www.mikeoldfield-treslunas.com).

Anyone found it?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 05 2002, 13:29

It's in the album, but Mike said that the album is not related to the game, if I remember well, so go figure...
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 05 2002, 13:57

and yet despite that, most of the songs on the album are in the game somewhere....

Misty - in the demo on the moon...havent found it in the full game yet

No Man's Land - Space

Return to the Origin - the rebirth tunnel or whatever

Viper - Silver Snake and white tree (when you have a certain number of rings)

Turtle Island - Turtle Island smile

Firefly - heard something similar at those 2 golden trees near the cactus

Tr3S Lunas - nearly everywhere just not in the same way...

Daydream - Thin men

Thou Art In Heaven - Horses and area near the borders of the cactus desert (when you have certian amount of rings)

Sirius - Snowman

that just leaves Landfall and No Man's Land Reprise....and if u want to count Firefly and Tr3s Lunas (these exact tracks from the album arent in the game but they are in different forms)

"..the music from the album doesn't fit with the game....in the game there's a different set of music.." anyone else confused?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 05 2002, 13:59

ops just realaised that maybe this should be in the spoiler forum....its not really giving anything away about how to get to these places but ur not gonna be surprised with the music......but if it shouldnt be here someone tell me

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 21:18

The reason I asked about 'Landfall' is becuase Mike did say that 'the music describes that moment in the interactive game when you are able to leave the desert and you have collected enough rings to go to a tiny island lying in the middle of one of the game´s seas.'

Maybe he changed his mind and took it off the game but left it on the album.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 06 2002, 16:25

"...The music describes that moment in the interactive game when you are able to leave the desert and you have collected enough rings to go to a tiny island lying in the middle of one of the game´s seas."

it says 'The music describes' it not 'The music is taken from' it...

that music when the seagull takes you to turtle island tho remindsme of it...maybe he replaced it in the game and put ths old one on the album....

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 13 2002, 09:01

Thanks Musically Inspired - that seems to answer my question pretty neatly!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
freshhh Offline

Posted: June 14 2002, 09:31

I found that track in the game!!!
You can gear it when you go to the Turtle Island by the seagull.
After taking three rings the voice says to you: "The sprite will send yo forward". Then you've to catch it and baby-mermaid will appear in the middle of the arch. So DON'T TAKE BABY!!! GO TO THE TOP OF THAT ARCH. YOU'LL SEE GOLDEN RING THERE. SHOOT IT AND YOU'LL BE TAKEN TO THE ISLAND BY THE SEAGULL BUT WITH DIFFERENT MUSIC!

Have a nice time!!!

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 14 2002, 12:41

Wow! Thanks freshhh! I'll go right away to check this out - there seems to be something new each time I go into MVR and I got all seven rings some time ago!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 14 2002, 15:26

yes thats true.....its like theres no end to this game. you think youve gone everywhere and u find somethn new..

im gonna do that thing too with the seagull.....hmm there are a bunch of rings lying around in different places all thru mvr...i wonder if they trigger different music too....

well there goes my theory about the music smile

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
9 replies since June 05 2002, 12:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net