Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Where Did Tres Lunas Reach In Your Country?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Man In The Rain Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 22 2002, 06:53

Where did Tres Lunas reach in your country's national album chart? Not independent charts, but the main chart in your contry:

From tubular.net I found the following:

5 – Spain
19 – Germany
25 – Hungary
67 - France

thanks

Oliver, a trivia nerd

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 22 2002, 18:58

Italy: last week 25, this week 42. frown

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
dgcaer Offline

Posted: June 25 2002, 13:10

I found five new charts top results, Olivier.

4 - Czech Republic
8 - Austria
32 - Sweden
44 - Swiss
86 - Denmark
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: June 25 2002, 14:45

not on the charts here...

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
dgcaer Offline

Posted: June 25 2002, 15:06

not on the Canadian Charts too
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: June 25 2002, 19:21

great research guys! cool that Mike's doing so well in Austria and Czech Republic!!!

Oliver

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: June 26 2002, 13:50

Tres Lunas has climbed from 25 to 15 in Hungary!...

I wonder how well its doing in the Polish and Estonian national charts - its doing extremely well on the independant charts in both countries smile

Oliver

--------------
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: June 26 2002, 20:09

Four days to go here in the UK Before it is even released! LOL!!Nice to see it doing so well!
Sephirot
Unregistered

Posted: July 02 2002, 05:45

Well we got it in romania too! But we got a special adition with To Bee Free also  :D
tubularbills Offline

Posted: July 06 2002, 15:23

USA - Never made it to the charts because his music doesn't come over here. but in my head, i give this album a 8.5 out of 10. very awesome. i think i'm one of the firsts americans w/ it! woo hoo!!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
christopher
Unregistered

Posted: July 07 2002, 18:52

Tr3s Lunas did not make it to America as I knew it wouldn't... inspite of Dark Stars continual insistance that it was "to be released" over here.  Once again we in the US have to realize that DS doesn't know what the hell they are talking about and why we rely on them sometimes is beyond me... we got F***ed again... plain and simple!!!!  GRRRRRR!!!!  

But that's ok... even though Warner (BASTARDS) don't care enough to release the album here in the states... I am personally taking "2 B Free" around to radio stations and chatting up the management to give it a go on the air even though there is no album release here and then report it's progress back to Warner via telephone or email and see what they say.  

I am tired of believing DS and the bad info they are given... I think we tend to get better and more accurate info out of Olivier's site then anywhere else... which honestly should be the official site for Mike Oldfield... not DS website (although the redesign is VERY well done!;)  

As far as Tr3s Lunas as an album is concerned... I don't really feel the music is as memorable as past albums!  Very simple tunes... that are extremely easy to play.  I can even reproduce most of Mike's keyboard samples at home on my system.  It doesn't have the lasting power, in my mind, that something like FMO, Amarok, TB2, Crises, or TSODE have!  However, some of the music that was NOT released on the T3L album and is on the MusicVR game has not only far better guitar playing (playing on T3L sounds like he has lost his touch) but better tunes that have more lasting power and not only develope better but are more memorable!!!  IMHO of course.  

I believe that if Mike would not only get away from computers and keyboard samples (and yes I am a pianist and keyboard playing myself) but also leave Tubular Bells back in 1973 where it belongs and move forward from a one-hit-wonder status... then he could make himself a household name again... atleast in the US.

These are just my views... take it or leave it.

Christopher
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 07 2002, 21:53

As far as I recall, all that the Mike Oldfield Information Service reported was that a US release was planned. That would have been accurate information at the time and maybe still is...knowing the record company, I'd not expect to see any US release until after the UK release in August...
I suppose it depends whether people prefer to hear about things while they're at the planning stages, or only once they're definite. A lot of people like to know what's being planned, but sometimes it can falsely get people's hopes up, when the things that were planned don't actually happen.

A lot of accurate information has been posted on both tubular.net and mikeoldfield.org and at the same time, both have reported things which have later turned out not to have come about, for one reason or another.

I suspect that tubular.net having official status could actually end up placing too many constraints on it (i.e. only being able to do things that Mike's management and record company are totally happy with) and perhaps lead to the disappearance of the things that fans like most about it. Of course, I'm sure that Olivier wouldn't mind a little help from the powers that be, now and again...
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: July 07 2002, 22:27

Still no news on any possible Australian release date... :( Hasn't even been said that it may be released here (at least the US has that hope)
Profile PM WEB 
Pacha Daddy
Unregistered

Posted: July 08 2002, 08:44

No release as of yet doesn't mean no release at all. As I recall, there was a pretty lengthy wait before TB3 arrived stateside... I can't imagine that there would be no US release on this album alone, when all the others have gotten here eventually.
timshen Offline

Posted: July 10 2002, 00:08

I wasn't expecting it to be here in Singapore for some time. But then I saw one solitary copy in a music shop near my house on July 8th , and for S$20 which works out to be about 8 pounds UK. Too bad I had already got it through Amazon.co.uk!!! (looked exactly the same packaging).  :cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: July 11 2002, 02:22

Nothing beyond Voyager has been released in the USA (and i'm even surprised that was). I bought TB3 when i was in England, Guitars & TBTB in Germany, and it was merely coincidental that i found TMB @ Sam Goody here in Chicago . i still don't know why that album was here in the USA. probably a weird shipping error. (either that or just the 3 major cities got them: NYC, Chicago, LA)

anyways i'm still not expecting TL be here, like the previous 4 albums (haven't seen Collection either). so from now on it's internet ordering for me. www.amazon.co.uk rocks! :) (and only because i preordered it before they decided to switch the release date).

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
FATC
Unregistered

Posted: July 26 2002, 15:46

I am surprised that Mike has not done better in the US, but I understand that the studio lack of promoting his music as well as the lack of mike's touring in this country has a lot to do with it.

I stumbed at the crap I hear on the radio here day in and day out, and can't believe that songs like Moonlight Shadow, Holy, Man in the Rain, Pictures in the Dark, Talk about your life, etc never made it big in dozens of countries.

The US and UK always have had complete opposite charts, and bands that are famous there are never heard of here in the US, and vice versa. But I still believe that marketing or re-marketing of music at different times can still claim a new fan base. The singles that Mike has produced, are catchy, beautifully crafted songs. Many would be comparable to some of the greatest and most memorable tunes one can hear on the radio. It is sad that something that was released in the eighties  or anytime cannot be re-released to give it a second chance in the US.
Especially with Mike's abiltility to rework songs for a specific market, like disco, club mixes etc.

Mike latest adventure Tr3s Lunas is easy on the ears, and would be considered here New Age, which has a very strong american following in a country that is highly overstressed. It is not one of his better works, and certainly does not show the american market what Mike can do. But it is a good album, worthy of making it a contender in the New Age category of the Grammy's

Unfortunately most places here only have one title under Mike oldfields name, and that is 1973 Tubular Bells, this is shameful, and shows the lack of representation of the record companies distributing and representing the artist.

Mike keep up the great and inspiring work, these days with the internet the ability to buy your albums shows no borders, but promoting your work is also your duty, we hope you will release more of the albums in the US, and tour. Also one of your greatest works was Killing Fields, I know you believe it was too stressfull of an experience, but I beleive that creating more musical scores, even mixes of old songs for movies will be your ultimate step into the American charts, and stardom.

Good luck from Las Vegas
Peter Huender
travelb
Unregistered

Posted: July 28 2002, 11:37

Even though Mike's albums aren't released in the US, they all have been released here in Canada...even though there are NO promotion by his record company here...which means that it's never played on the radio or tv. (And the record store where I bought my copy of TL had to fetch it form behind the counter, it wasn't even on display!;)
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 28 2002, 16:28

im also in canada and ive seen 2 and even 3 or 4 copies of Tr3s Lunas in stores like Music World and HMV. and my mother also heard To Be Free on the radio once where she works in the mall which i was surprised to hear.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Chris
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 02 2002, 15:58

Quote (Man In The Rain @ June 26 2002, 13:50)
Tres Lunas has climbed from 25 to 15 in Hungary!...

I wonder how well its doing in the Polish and Estonian national charts - its doing extremely well on the independant charts in both countries  :smile:

Oliver

Well, here in Poland VERY GOOD!!!!

best regards
Chris
23 replies since June 22 2002, 06:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net