Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Where can I find some MP3s to these songs?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Aqua Panthor Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 24 2001, 17:38

I wasn't quite sure where I should put this question, so I posted one here and on the forum about "Q and A". Anyway, here's my question....

Does anyone know where I can get MP3s of "Hibernaculum", "Tubular World", and/or "A New Beginning"?

I've been searching through millions of Mike Oldfield sites (this is my fav that I have found) and have only found MIDIs of these songs. I want to play them on my website which I am still constructing. I particuarly would like these songs because they fit the surroundings and basis of my site (you'd have to see it to believe it). When and if I finish my site, I will be sure to put up the address for you all to see it. If anyone knows where I can find these songs in MP3, it would be most appreciative.

Thanx!

Representing everything good, bad, and just strange in life.

--------------
Representing everything good, bad, and just strange in life, the Princess is in your presence.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Jan. 24 2001, 21:56

I normally don't promote it w/ Mike Oldfield (any other artist i do), but Napster is a really good resource of mp3's. Your chances of finding some there are a lot better than people's web pages.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2001, 04:37

Hi Aqua Panthor

If you decide to use Napster (I'm against it, but others like it), or whatever, and add the MP3s to your site, make sure they're small. MIDIs are better for web sites as they are small, but you might not want them as they can lose some of the elements of the original piece (although CarstenKuss might disagree). A lot of people using the Internet these days don't want to wait ages for graphics and background sounds to load.

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 26 2001, 16:01

Hi all, I agree that a MIDI can NOT replace the real thing. But a MIDI will only have 100 kB or so, and will download in half a minute. A full quality MP3 will have 4 MB or so, and will download in 20 minutes. Or you would have to compress it 1:40, and then it would really sound worse than the MIDI.

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
Aqua Panthor Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2001, 19:16

Thanx for the welcoming. The site that I go to usually welcomes with nukes and explosions. This makes me feel very civilaized. smile

No, I don't plan to use Napster. For these reasons:

1.) I don't want to take the time to download it. If it's something I don't really NEED, then I don't download it.
2.) I heard this morning that Napster is having some money problems with AOL or something. I don't want to get into that big economical mess.

And after hearing that it will take longer to load, then I guess I'll use the MIDI I already have. But I do agree; it will never replace the original.

Thanx for the suggestions and welcomings again! I appreciated it. smile

--------------
Representing everything good, bad, and just strange in life, the Princess is in your presence.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Jan. 24 2001, 17:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net