Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What's up with Rebirth Tunnel< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
valiado Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 15 2003, 07:26

Hello to everybody. although, that we've seen the demo version of the new game, I still think that the MVR has some 'hidden' secrets. Does someone know now how to make the 'rebirth tunnel' (track 17, The Music of MVR, Brandon Blume, also called 'Music VR Finale', track 29, from 'return to the origin, Marcus Junglas) sound? Greetings from spain (40 degrees celcius) :cool:
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: June 15 2003, 13:22

Here people had been searching 2 tracks. One is Landing which was one of the demo tracks that Mike showed at his website, but wasn't included at the game. The other one is the track you're asking for but it seems nobody knows when this appears. I'm sure too that there are more secrets hidden somewhere at the first MusicVR. To answer your question have a look here:
http://www.tubular.net/cgi-bin....;t=1305
and here too :D (you'll understand the smile after reading the post ;))
http://www.tubular.net/cgi-bin....;t=1657
Enjoy
Profile PM 
valiado
Unregistered

Posted: June 15 2003, 15:22

Thanks Spinne! I thought already that it was like that....well....only time will tell.....

Saludos desde la calurosa EspaƱa!
:cool:
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 15 2003, 15:36

Someone on here did find the last music, though. I think you have to find all the rings and arches that take you to the rebirth tunnel and once you've been through them all when you go through the last one it'll bring you to the grown desert with trees and everything etc and with the music playing in the background.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
valiado
Unregistered

Posted: June 15 2003, 17:37

thanks, for the explanation. I think, that I've seen the whole game. I took the seven rings and finished the game a lot of times, getting to the grown desert (with the trees and all that). But the music in the background did never sound. I can only hear Sally's message and the sound of the 'birds'.
What do you refer to, when saying 'all the arches'?
I hope, that the Tube World in its final version will include some new pieces of music, and that you are going to do a CD with them again (your CD is one of my favourits).
Thanks. saludos from spain.

Posted: June 15 2003, 22:22

Glad you enjoy TL2. I doubt there will be any new music in TW but if there is you can bet I'll be making some kind of mix of it....if it's only a couple tunes or so, I'll mix them together into one song.

And the arches....what I meant is those portal things. There's one at the beginning a big one that takes you into space controlling the space skater. Those things. Some of them you find takes you to the rebirth tunnel. There's one on top of one of the planets that takes you to the rebirth tunnel.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
valiado
Unregistered

Posted: June 17 2003, 17:05

Thanks a lot.
I also think that there won't be any music...I hope it's no true.
I'll try to get through all the arches. So, if I understood well, I have to try to go all of the portals during one game and finally get all the seven rings, is that correct? so, do you knonw why I can't go through the arche on the moon?
saludos.  :cool:
maria Offline

Posted: June 17 2003, 18:45

Quote (Guest @ June 17 2003, 17:05)
do you knonw why I can't go through the arche on the moon?

instead of hitting your avatar's head against so small arch :D better fly for a while in the crater and have fun...
"the sprite will send u onward..."
:)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 17 2003, 22:10

There are 2 ways to get into the solar system. The planets game and the space skater. You can only get into it in one of the two ways. I can't rember which. I believe it's the space skater.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
valiado
Unregistered

Posted: June 18 2003, 08:03

thanks to everybody for answering me. But I think that my inicial question wasn't understood correctly (or perhaps I didn't understand the answers). My real doubt is how to listen in the game the song 'rebirth tunnel' (the last of the cd from Brandon); I don't ask how to get to the Rebirth Tunnel listening in the background to 'return to the origin'. I only try to unlock the above mentioned song. thanks to everybody and saludos from spain.
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: June 18 2003, 09:32

Valiado,
the problem with this tune is that it apparently requires to do everything exactly as Mike intended in the game got get this tune played in the final scene (with the rainbow, cats and fairy), and the very few/one who actually got it cannot remember how to reproduce. Thus, the best guess is to try and pick up all rings (there are more than 7, so you will have to drop some at the temple) and do all rebirth tunnels - maybe in a specific sequence. You'll probably also have to fulfill all 'good world' tasks, all excursions, and perhaps also 'bad world'?
Anybody done such a '100% game' ? (though sometimes close, I haven't yet, actually...)
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: June 18 2003, 10:09

valiado, i thought your last question was about the moon world, that u go to after shooting the black moon. anyway hope it helps for something.

i've also tried different sequences, getting the seven rings going through the three rebirth tunnels. i've even taken notes in a paper, but never got that misterious finale tune...

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 18 2003, 10:20

My real doubt is how to listen in the game the song 'rebirth tunnel' (the last of the cd from Brandon); I don't ask how to get to the Rebirth Tunnel listening in the background to 'return to the origin'.

I understood this. As I said, and a_r_schulz as well, I think you have to find all the rebirth tunnels and maybe some other things to get the 'Rebirth Tunnel' music to play at the final scene. I actually don't think it actually plays in the 'Rebirth Tunnel', in which case I've misnamed that track.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
valiado
Unregistered

Posted: June 18 2003, 16:51

Hello to everybody!! Thank you all very much for your help!!!
I also think, that the thing is over there... :D  I'll go on trying. If I get it, I let you know. saludos to everybody
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: June 19 2003, 07:30

For whatever it's worth... Apparently, Mike's original file name for the 'finale' tune is 'tubetunnel2', while the usual 'return to origin' tunnel tune is 'tubetunnelreturn'. Sounds like it's supposed to be played when in the tunnel, but not returning to the origin.
How I know? Well, one of the latest engine updates apparently had debugging output activated, so I always get a log file about everything loaded from the treslunas.dat file, including original file names. Compared to the ripped .ogg files, the list matches quite well, except for a few skips in the sequence, so the ripper apparently had some false hits and some misses...
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2003, 20:46

completely different tack, but for a while now i get to leave the tunnel and fly around black space. Can't see anything, except once i found a sprite of a flower and thistle.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
15 replies since June 15 2003, 07:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net