Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: what's so unique about TB?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bleedin'butterfly Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 26 2003, 10:21

hi there, i'm doing a research assignment on Tubular Bells and need some help in finding out more about it.. ;)  Would like to know the instruments and equipment MO used to create TB...i understand that he used loop tapes as well but what exactly is that about?
TB created a great buzz in the music industry when it first came out in the 70s...was it because of it's never heard before genre or the equipment/sounds used....what was the main reason? Did TB gain its popularity because of its part as the theme song for "the exorcist".....hmm....in what year did it become the theme song? wow, that's alot of questions here....any form of help is greatly appreciated.....   :laugh:
thanks a lot!!
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 26 2003, 22:14

it gained popularity in the USA for parts being used in "The Exorcist". but as for everywhere else in the world, i doubt that was the reason for its growth in the music industry.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 27 2003, 09:25

If you haven't looked there already, you might like to start by reading the Tubular Bells page in the discography.
Profile PM 
2 replies since April 26 2003, 10:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net