Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What to play?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 23 2002, 07:31

I was thinking,if you had a friend who had never heard of Mike Oldfield and his music(it does happen)then what would be the 1 piece of music or album you would play to get them to like Mike and that would show them an example of what Mike is all about.
For me it would be Tubular Bells 2.It has everything for me.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 30 2002, 17:28

Mmmm, that has always been difficult to me. Firstly I think it depends on the person. What kind of music does he/she like etc...

I have lent many cd's to friends of MO, and with every person I gave a different album.

For example, I just lent Discovery and Hergest Ridge to a girlfriend, because I thought she had to relax (she was under great pressures, so...)   :)

Tubular Bells 2 is generally a really good album for "outside" people, yes. I think I will lent this cd to those persons in the future.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: June 30 2002, 18:12

Yeah, i think it does depend on what kind of music they like. i would ask them first what music they're looking for and then give them an album that fits that genre, as we all know that MOs music is so versitile and fits into my genres.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: July 01 2002, 16:34

i lent my friend TB 1, 2 and 3. he liked most tb 3. at that time i was listening TB 3 very much, i think it had some effect  ???

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: July 02 2002, 10:47

This is what i find so strange,the fact that most people who are not fans of Mike Oldfield,do actually like some of his albums when they here them,because there is so much variation in the albums,i think that if we could get away from this new age tag he has,he would have more of an audience.
Profile PM 
4 replies since June 23 2002, 07:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net