Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: what the hell's wrong with his mother?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
liron Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 06 2000, 16:26

well, i for once wanna know what on earth the woman had! and don't give me any bull saying "she was depressive", or "she was an alcoholic", give me a break k? i wanna know what she REALLY suffered of.
facts i know:
1. alcoholic
2. depressive
3. was in some sort of asylum
4. commited suicide (?)

and what's with papa? where is he today, dead, alive, both?
facts i know:
1. a doctor
2. loves to gaze at the stars
3. amature guitarist

answer now
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: July 07 2000, 04:15

About his father :
He's alive, he was present at Mike's birthday last year during last Tour, I saw pictures of it but I don't remember where, I think it was in DarkStar Web Site...

About his mother : IMO it may be a private fact, and I don't know if we should discuss about it (well, this is my opinion, notice that I'm not giving a lesson to anyone). Anyways, i don't know more than you Liron...

Cheers, GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
toMtOm Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2000, 04:42

Hello!

Just a small addition. In the Biography section (by Derek Jewell)of 'Mike Oldfield 10' you could read the following:

"...His mother was died in 1974, suffered from mental illness for years.
'How could I not love my parents,' Oldfield said at our first meeting. 'But my childhood was domestically turbulent. I needed domestic security, and it wasn't there. I have had similar problems to my mother's, but I'm a generation on and I can cope with it all and turn it to creative use. I'm devastated, because now I might have been able to help her. Earlier I couldn't. So it was pills, tranquillisers, electric shock treatment. I felt so helpless.'"

toMtOm
Profile PM 
bennyboy Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2000, 02:03

Question:

Who gives a rats ass anyway?

I can see why Mike shyed away from publicity for so long, fearing that people would want to pry into his life and his family life.

Happens to all celebrities I guess, even those as small time as Mike, but that doesn't make it right IMHO.

Why should we need to know the tiniest details of everyones life? Let Mike AND HIS DAD be is what I say, and Let mikes mum RIP.
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 03 2000, 15:42

IMO it's impolite to talk about someone's mother and use the word 'hell' in the same sentence. What counts, is: She has a wonderful son. And let's leave it to that.

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2000, 18:49

CUUUUCHA!!!
O.K. change subject if you´re preparing a war.
Call me for some help.
I need you.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
5 replies since July 06 2000, 16:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net