Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What the...?, Wackiness ensues< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 12 2004, 09:17

I don't remember how I came up with that drawing. Well, actually, the idea sprouted from a thread in here that mentioned how short Mike Oldfield was. I started sketching ol' Mike on pencil (with a Simpsonified look, no less), and the rest of the picture came out... well, I'm a weird person, I do weird things. Don't think there's a real meaning to the pic, though: I just liked drawing the Resident guy (it took me ages to get his position right), and the Roger Daltrey thing came up because Daltrey is also very short. I dunno, it's just a mixed bag of stuff. The drawing looks surprisingly good to my drawing standards, and I think the result is kinda amusing. Weird. Wacky. Sir Mustapha. :D

(Oh, and it's supposed to be an ellipsis in his speech baloon. One guy at AudioGalaxy asked "what are those three dots", so I think I should clear it up.)

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 12 2004, 19:28

The drawing is very funny, and congrats for your great sense of humour. ;) But I don't get what 'Resident' refers to. Maybe to that videogame, Resident Evil? I'm not a gaming guy, you know [in spite of my own name being used on the Internet as an acronym for the United Gaming Organization... www.ugo.com ... :D], and the only games I have here on my PC, apart from Microsoft Pinball Arcade, are DOS reproductions of old arcade games from the 70s and the early 80s - things like Pacman and Breakout. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 12 2004, 20:43

Surreal...and quite unsual from typical Brazilian ridiculous sense of humor.This is GREAT!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 12 2004, 20:44

Resident comes from a quite strange band called Residents.This is a mystery band,nobody know who they are,even in concerts!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 13 2004, 05:21

Here's the story behind the name: In the early 70s the yet unnamed band sent a demo to Hal Haverstadt of Warner (!), who promptly returned them, the address marked "for the attention of the residents".
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 13 2004, 07:15

Yep, that's pretty much it. In concerts and some album covers, they appear disguised in tuxedoes, top hats and big eyeball masks. It's a funny costume, I like it. :)

Thanks for the compliements, by the way!

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since May 12 2004, 09:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net