Question: What 'Songs' cover do you prefer?? :: Total Votes:8
Poll choices Votes Statistics
The stingray with the Earth at the bottom 8  [100.00%]
The man with the lights in a landscape 0  [0.00%]
Neither of them 0  [0.00%]
Eye done now your tokin aboat¿ 0  [0.00%]
Guests cannot vote

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What 'Songs' cover do you prefer??, Drifting stingray/spring switcher bloke< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Delfín Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 22 2010, 10:58

Inspired in the thread chriscotton has made I've created this little poll to see what of both Europe or USA cover you prefer from 'The Songs of Distant Earth'.

I'll go for the dark one with the Earth, which I think is more faithful to the title and concept of the album, and the one I consider the proper real cover of the album, although the other one is nice and colourful but just too similar with designs from other bands like Pink Floyd or the Alan Parsons Project.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2010, 17:30

I do prefer the Earth one, because it's the original. The other one is for the reissue. I do understand perfectly why it looks like APP and PF - it was conceived by the same designer, Storm Thorgerson, who is of course the main man behind Hipgnosis.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Michael Hilton Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2010, 05:51

Stingray on the bottom for me...ouch!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 23 2010, 06:41

Quote (Michael Hilton @ Sep. 23 2010, 19:51)
Stingray on the bottom for me...ouch!  :laugh:

Stingray on the Irwin for me too (ouch too soon).

Actually Mike got there first as organic or living spaceships didn't appear until a few years later in Babylon 5 and Lexx (greatest sci-fi show ever btw) a classic cover.
Good album too except for the last track but not as bad as TBII's moonshine :D
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2011, 19:13

[QUOTE (Ugo, Sep. 22 2010, 23:30)]I do prefer the Earth one, because it's the original. The other one is for the reissue. I do understand perfectly why it looks like APP and PF - it was conceived by the same designer, Storm Thorgerson, who is of course the main man behind Hipgnosis.[/QUOTE]

That's it!!! 'Delicate Sound of Thunder', 'Try Anything Once', 'Wish You Were Here', 'Momentary Lapse of Reason', etc... They all come out of the concept of a desolate place, and sometimes human beings kind of lost there.

[QUOTE (milamber, Sep. 23 2010, 12:41] Good album too except for the last track but not as bad as TBII's moonshine.[/QUOTE]

Makes me feel more than unpleased to find out by my disappointment you don't dig us Zulus chanting for European musician's albums... think I will go the embassy (errr... sorry, what country were you from?) to put a formal complaint.

'He naaa he la laaaa'
'Uayaaaa su na naaaa'
'Wey he la laaaa he na naaaaaa'

Not very funny I knew that  :/

And the quotes came out like crap :/

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
4 replies since Sep. 22 2010, 10:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net