Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What is the best MIDI to Mp3 converter???< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Jameson Kimball Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 18 2005, 09:11

I use a software called guitar Pro 4 and all the music is in MIDI format so I need to buy a Converter, right? In order to burn my music on to CD. Because it is starting to piss me off how I have such great musical ideas but I can not share them with any one because my computer wont let me burn MIDI. so I am going to by a converter I just needto know which one is the best????

--------------
www.soundcloud.com/jamesonkimball
Profile PM 
Daddybird Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2005, 10:08

I'm also searching for a converter and have the same problem with Guitar Pro 4.....

PS. Can you tell me how you use GP4? I don;t like it's system, but I do like the posibilities.
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2005, 10:11

You don't convert MIDI files to another format. You must be getting mixed up with wav to midi converting software. MIDI files are merely recorded bits of information that tells the synth what notes to play where (hence the small file sizes)

To get them to audio you will need to find a way of recording the output from your synth or soundcard when the MIDI files are played. Creative's SoundBlaster cards will allow you to have a 'What-U-Hear' recording input otherwise on my soundcard, an Audiophile 2496 I have the outputs routed to the inputs. Hope this helps
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 18 2005, 10:39

You can do a 'conversion' with Quicktime Pro - you just export from it as an audio file (wave, aiff, etc) and it sorts out the rest using its built in instruments (I think that applies to the Windows version too). I'm sure there are other pieces of software which do the same. You won't get particularly stunning results by doing that, but it does the job.

I would second Jammer's advice, but if you want another option, you could look at some of the sequencing software available, like Sonar, Cubase and their competitors - they will let you play your MIDI files through virtual instruments (and record the results to disk), which would give the possibility of using higher quality sounds than standard General MIDI instruments. It depends what kind of results you're looking for, whether you just want to create a recording of the MIDI file as you hear it, or whether you'd like to work on making it sound more 'produced'.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Jan. 18 2005, 09:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net