Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: what is it with my health?, does anyone have any tips?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Silver Negus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 12 2010, 11:57

Ok I know it may sound like i'm feeling sorry for myself, but what is it with me?  My joints are swelling in my fingers and ankles and wrists but I don't have arthritis.  Does anyone have any ideas about this and if there's any pill I could take to prevent the swellings and pain.

On a different subject I had an eye operation under local anaesthetic today which was horrible enough, and it doesn't stop there, I have to have my wisdom teeth out soon and then my tracheostomy reversed; or if that fails surgery on my vocal cords.

Apart from that life is great. How are you doing tubies especially you Jim x
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2010, 03:58

Silver - you sound like you're in the wars :/  You've decided to go for the tracheostomy reversal then. I know you were worried about it affecting the quality of your voice, making it more whispery, (another link to "Resolution"), but from what you say they could fix your vocal chords to some extent.

With your *inflamed* joints, I have this notion that our state of mind affects physical heath, and *inflamed* might mean anger hanging around in the body, maybe from your dealings with the narcissistic mother-in- law :(.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 13 2010, 23:54

G'Day mate sorry to hear you've had such a bad run on swelling joints a rellie of mine has had great success and pain relief from Celery Seed Capsules really swears by them hope this helps
Best of luck to you :/
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2010, 10:40

thanks guys, thanks for the support.  I have tried starflower oil its meant to help joints and apparrantly is a natural anti-depressant.  So here we go... x
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2010, 07:47

I would agree that ant-depressants are a good idea when there's numerous ailments going on, probably means there's too much cortisol flooding the system. I've seen symptoms subside pretty quickly on it.

--------------
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2010, 10:46

I had all my four wisdom teeth removed 2 weeks before moving to England,and what really helped me was the fact that my dentist used 2 different types of anesthestics,and it did work well even after 6 hours after the surgery.

One thing that is good to relieve the pain is eating ice-cream as well as cool liquid soups,being cold helps on the healing process.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2010, 22:03

I had all four wisdom teeth out under a general, and there was absolutely no pain afterwards. They must have wrenched my jaw, though, because I couldn't open my mouth properly to eat for at least a week!
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2010, 18:15

Hi guys things have gotten a bit better. I've had a diagnosis of Palindromic Rheumatism so I know why my joints are swelling now.  As for the Tracheostomy, I accidentally let it heal slightly and the tube won't go back into the stoma area.So over the last few months it's healed even more.  I'm back to the way I was, more or less with my breathing and people can hear me wheeze a lot more and I can't talk as much as I used to (good to hear for some eh lol ) without stopping for breath.

To be honest Id rather I was back to living with the breathing problems rather than having to cope with the trach. It was just too much I had been coughing constantly for nearly 7 years. The tube was irritating and I was getting other health complaints what with infection and digestive problems (coughing)

Another thing on the health front is both me and my daughter are steadily being supported with our disabilities. Its taken a long time though but now people are listening in a way that's helpful!

Love you tubies Im sorry I neglected things on here Ive just been so bogged down.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 13 2010, 20:46

Quote (Silver Negus @ Dec. 13 2010, 18:15)
Hi guys things have gotten a bit better. I've had a diagnosis of Palindromic Rheumatism

I suppose that's easier to pronounce than Msitamuehr...
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 02:42

Silver - did your tracheostomy reverse by itself.  :cool:

Has your voice not gone whispery then, like you feared?

--------------
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 14:35

Hi Silver :)
Glad to hear that things are a little bit better.
And I hope this visit is a long one.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 15:38

Hi, yeah Wiga it partially healed after about 4 days of not putting the tube back in.  (the over healing from the infection caused it to hurry the healing process slighlty in now seems)  Since I couldn't get the tube back in (which I wasn't expecting) I had no choice but to let it continue healing up.  No doubt the consultant isn't going to be happy but it was an accident.

Nice video Mal! You should come work at Portsmouth Live, we need editors!
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2010, 17:19

Hello again, Silver.  As my official welcomer, I've been very saddened to learn to learn of your ongoing health worries.  Given I've made it thus far without any serious ailments, for all that my arteries are likely seizing up as I type, I can only hope to comprehend the impact debilitating pain would have on my life.  My step-father's shoulder and elbow problems most bring home to me the unfair inconvenience of not being able to go about whatever your everyday business needs to be.

A little gladder if you are at least in a better position than back in March, and here's hoping for better still in some future missive.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2010, 16:34

Thanks sweet, I hope your arm gets better too. Doesn't sound pleasant to cope with.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2010, 19:58

I'll pass any prayers to my step-father, I am programmed to confuse people. :/

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2010, 04:45

Sorry I misread it.  Don't worry you haven't confused me none.
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 05:45

More water - well, works for me.

Managed to break a finger a few weeks back, makes typing kind of funny trying not to use the broken one  ;)
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2011, 14:03

Oh no I hope the finger gets better!  Good tip about drinking ,ore water, although I fond it hard to discipline myself.  Im going to have to change now though because Ive been diagnosed with fibromyalgia a form of chronic fatigue and arthritis. lol it just keeps getting better  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2011, 16:37

I recommend a healthy diet. Very little carbs and more protein. Fresh veggies and fish. Avocados and eggs, that's good. Some supplements too, vitamin D and magnesium citrate. No fruit juices, potatoes, white rice, wheat and all that, not much. And wholegrains for fibre, that's a must.

Edit: Caffeine is good but don't drink it in the evening, it makes you not sleep deep. And get some excercise it lifts one's moods like nothing else.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2011, 06:22

Wow great advice thanks!
Profile PM 
19 replies since Mar. 12 2010, 11:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net