[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What happened Olivier?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TimHighfield Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 16 2001, 19:52

NOT AGAIN!!!!!

See the Phases topic in Mike's Style if you're bored. Vocal chords is sort of a thing like that.

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2001, 04:56

OK, so have we decided on anything yet? Any new suggestions? Or has Olivier made his own decision from what we've all come up with or something completely different?

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2001, 22:42

Hmmm?

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 29 2001, 11:08

OK OK. I'll upgrade the version of these forums from 5.46 to 6.0 in a few days. Among the new features are a system allowing to rate users (you can disallow the rating for your login if you don't like it), private messaging on the forum, new public name (different from your login), the last post of each forum displayed on the front page, and more...

Once this new version is running, I'll start working on the albussm rating. I'll ask Marko and Hans (http://tubular.net/artwork/) to do the icons, based on the discussion we had here. And, believe me, we can't predict what they will create...
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2001, 23:29

Wow! All those changes in such a short period of time.

Hey Olivier, don't misunderstand me here. I was not saying "Hey, come on, get on with it Olivier, hint hint, we want to rate albums NOW". I was actually saying: "Well, have we run out of ideas here or something? Has this discussion died without anyone coming up with something new?". So sorry if my tone of text caused some misunderstanding anywhere.

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2001, 05:11

Hey Olivier, I'm just wondering, what exactly do you mean by:

"a system allowing to rate users"?

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2001, 08:06

Give a rate to each member (only one vote per member), exaclty similar to albums ratings. Weird idea, but it's not mine. You can disallow it if you prefer other members don't rate you.
Profile PM 
Archangel Foster Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2001, 08:14

Oh! Are you sure we need that?
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2001, 08:29

So you mean you can say that MrAnonymousUser (or the value of his posts) is worth 3/10 on these forums (or whatever ranking system used)?

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2001, 17:24

Yes. I think I will disable it. What a weird idea!

I'm currently negociating the price I have to pay for these forums... I might change software. It would look similar but would be internally different and cheaper (or free). But this company, Infopop, is the one who invented this type of forums, and there are several clones now. If possible I prefer to stay with the inventors, but if it's too expensive, I switch. More about it soon....
Profile PM 
49 replies since Dec. 28 2000, 09:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net