Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What do I do?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2002, 12:09

I've seen several people in the active avatar board put their server address which I copy down and put into the MVR programme. Then I play the game but cannot see any difference from normal play! (I leave my internet connection on). Living in Singapore it's also a bit difficult to work out if the timing is the same!

When you meet someone as an avatar in the game how do you know you're meeting someone and what do you do?

Sorry if these questions seem silly and obvious but to me they are important ;-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Dali Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2002, 03:35

Hi timshen,

I'll try to answer this.

When you select in the Avatar-menu in the game that your computer should connect to a server, you copy the server-numbers in the field there. Then you go to the main menu, and start up the game as usual. I think you got this right anyway.

Then, the game will start as normal. So, you see a burning cactus, vulcano erupting, etc.
You go to the cactus, fly into it, the voice will say 'welcome' and 'the origin', all just like in a normal game.

BUT, then IT HAPPENS!!!

If you have the time right, if someone else is indeed serving this game, if indeed you are conected to the internet, then you should somewhere see avatars flying. The difference with a normal game is that in a normal game, avatars don't fly, only when you pick one up yourself. So, if you are connected to a net-game, and you ,see for instance, the zeppelin or the guitar flying by, you can be sure someone, somewhere is flying that thing!!!

Now the clue to playing together is to know exactly WHEN someone will be online, WHAT avatar he or she will take and WHERE you will meet.

I find the active avatar board a bit confusing. I think it is better to try to contact someone you personally know, or know via this forums, and then make a private arrangement to meet them at a pre-arranged time. I did this in the LIVE-forum before. If you read the topic that I started there - Arranging a MVR-meeting' you can see how I tried to get contact!
If you are someone with an IP-number that changes all the time, it's best to have contact with IRC or ICQ, so that you can 'talk' to the others real-time. Then you can exchange the IP-adress as soon as you or the other person sees it in the MVR-screen. That way you don't have to go to the active board or these forums while you play.

Hope this helps...

Dali
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since June 07 2002, 12:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net