Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: what can I say?, it's perfect!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 18 2008, 16:42

Never have I been so surprised! I had a few doubts with MoTS being an orchestral piece, mainly because I find Orchestral Tubular Bells particularly difficult for some reason, so I didn't know if this was going to appeal to me. But MOTS is supremely different. I simply could not believe what my ears were telling me!

I am still in the early stages of listening to the music, so I still don't know what's coming next, and boy there's a lot of it to listen to. It is at the same time exquisitley beautiful, so tender and delicate and then hugely exhilarating. I keep getting little phrases popping into my mind through the day. I always go by my instincts and this really feels good. For me, it stands about shoulder height next to Tubular Bells, it has it's own place, and that's only after listening a handful of times. It's that good, full of the Oldfield we love and have hoped to hear again. I keep thinking, wow, this can now be played all over the world by really good orchestras, the Oldfield sound, in the right circumstances of course. That's certainly going to spread the word!

Congratulations to all concerned, especially to Mike, it really is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard...and if I may be so bold..DO MORE!!! it's what you were born to do Mike!!!

I'm on a real high now, can't concentrate on anything else!!! I am totally besotted with those wonderful basses in Harbinger, and Empyrean, the opening brass introducing music that to me sounds as though it comes from another time. Infact this whole album sounds like it is from somewhere other than the here and now.

:) bee :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 18 2008, 16:52

You should have a listen to the live version.

Even more dynamic than the studio version!

:p
Profile PM 
TheMann Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 15:52

I completely agree Bee, every word could be mine! This is so surprising, after all these years of dance music etc (some of it really good, but not 100% masterpieces)

BUT: OLDFIELD Is BACK HANDS DOWN! 100% SUPER MUSIC!!!

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 19:45

Unfortunately I haven't got MOTS yet, due to having a bit of a cash crises and  paying a £50 deposit for a courtesy car whilst mine was being fixed.  I got my car back yesterday and I'm waiting for that £50 to be refunded back into my bank account.  I need cheering up at the mo as I'm going in to hospital for a laparoscapy and hysteroscopy ( inserting a camera up my fanny  into my ovaries and fallopian tubes, ouch, fortunately I'll be out of it when they do this) on 16th April , as my gynaecologist suspects I've got endometriosis. http://www.endometriosis.org.uk/.  I don't mind posting that here, 'cos if it helps another woman who may be suffering with endo that's a positive thing, as it's bloody painful  :( . This is the only way to get a confirmed diagnosis for endo  
So next week I'll get MOTS.  
I'm really fortunate in the fact my wonderful boyfriend is travelling down from Warwickshire to take me to and from the hospital and looking after  me post surgery  :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 21:48

Quote (moonchildhippy @ Mar. 20 2008, 19:45)
Unfortunately I haven't got MOTS yet, due to having a bit of a cash crises and  paying a £50 deposit for a courtesy car whilst mine was being fixed.  I got my car back yesterday and I'm waiting for that £50 to be refunded back into my bank account.  I need cheering up at the mo as I'm going in to hospital for a laparoscapy and hysteroscopy ( inserting a camera up my fanny  into my ovaries and fallopian tubes, ouch, fortunately I'll be out of it when they do this) on 16th April , as my gynaecologist suspects I've got endometriosis. http://www.endometriosis.org.uk/.  I don't mind posting that here, 'cos if it helps another woman who may be suffering with endo that's a positive thing, as it's bloody painful  :( . This is the only way to get a confirmed diagnosis for endo  
So next week I'll get MOTS.  
I'm really fortunate in the fact my wonderful boyfriend is travelling down from Warwickshire to take me to and from the hospital and looking after  me post surgery  :)  :D .

Hey there - hope everything goes well - and MOTS cheers you up a bit :)

The camera bit made me cringe   :O
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2008, 04:09

Tks For that "Moon" I was just eating my Cornflakes there   ;) Hope it all Works out Fine though...  
Youre in for a treat anyway when you get your hands on a Copy... Id say this could be MOs most addictive Album yet.. Its great as Backround Music.. Great as Headphone Music.. Can be played in 2 Parts .. one things for sure it welds itself into the CD player and is hard to shift from there.. Nice one Mike!! :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Mar. 18 2008, 16:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net