Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (301) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What are you playing this very second?, Just name the artist and track!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
familyjules Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 12 2005, 05:10

Quote (TubularBelle @ July 12 2005, 04:39)
Never heard of The La Las, what are they all about?

The La's were a Liverpool band from the late 80s/early 90s who played Beatles and skiffle influenced pop.  They had a big hit with a song called There She Goes, which you must have heard somewhere, sometime.  Their sound lived on in Cast, The Coral and The Zutons.

The La La's on the other hand is a condition that drunkards suffer from.  It's quite harmless, even amusing.

:)

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 12 2005, 19:40

Quote (familyjules @ July 12 2005, 11:10)
They had a big hit with a song called There She Goes, which you must have heard somewhere, sometime.  

Is this the one that goes something like "Theeeeeeeeeere sheeeeeeeeeeee goooooooooooooooooes... theeeeeere she gooooooes agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain..." ? :D :laugh: If it is, then I have it on a CD I like quite a lot - the debut (and only?) album by Sixpence None The Richer. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: July 13 2005, 02:55

Quote (familyjules @ July 12 2005, 05:10)
Quote (TubularBelle @ July 12 2005, 04:39)
Never heard of The La Las, what are they all about?

The La's were a Liverpool band from the late 80s/early 90s who played Beatles and skiffle influenced pop.  They had a big hit with a song called There She Goes, which you must have heard somewhere, sometime.  Their sound lived on in Cast, The Coral and The Zutons.

The La La's on the other hand is a condition that drunkards suffer from.  It's quite harmless, even amusing.

:)

Jules

Sorry, that was Bees fault because she repeated it for some reason, feeling a little La La right now to be honest. Yes, I do know that song, if it is the one that goes the way Ugo has described it.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: July 13 2005, 05:05

Quote (Ugo @ July 12 2005, 19:40)
Quote (familyjules @ July 12 2005, 11:10)
They had a big hit with a song called There She Goes, which you must have heard somewhere, sometime.  

Is this the one that goes something like "Theeeeeeeeeere sheeeeeeeeeeee goooooooooooooooooes... theeeeeere she gooooooes agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain..." ? :D :laugh: If it is, then I have it on a CD I like quite a lot - the debut (and only?) album by Sixpence None The Richer. :)

Ah yes.  I'd forgotten about the inferior cover version.   :p

Yes that's the song.  The La's version remains the definitive interpretation.

Jules

--------------
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: July 13 2005, 08:40

Quote (Ugo @ July 12 2005, 19:40)

Here, the song "There She Goes" is now known mainly as the commercial jingle for a feminine hygeine product.

I've heard the entire "Sixpence" album several times. I like everything except the singer.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: July 13 2005, 10:06

Quote (hiawatha @ July 13 2005, 08:40)
Here, the song "There She Goes" is now known mainly as the commercial jingle for a feminine hygeine product.

It's sad you guys don't know it by The La's....

At least those ads will give writer Lee Mavers some nice royalties, I guess.....

Jules

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: July 13 2005, 15:12

The delays - nearer than heaven

Alison Krauss and union station - it doesnt matter

Knebular3 - fan track (it rocks!;)

anything by Overseer

coldplay X & Y, well my dad's got it on so im listening on the sly  :D

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: July 14 2005, 14:57

Song of the sun - Voyager

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: July 14 2005, 18:43

Sinead O'Connor - troy.

Now there's a voice to make anyone take virtual vocalists back into the shop for a refund.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: July 14 2005, 19:06

Going back a few posts in this thread, the chat about the La's made me laugh.... me being me  didn't make it clear that when I wrote The La's ~ The La's I meant the group and the album of that title, sorry for the confusion but it was all rather amusing.

And by the way, you'd better all stop telling us how good other bands/music can be because my cd buying habit is getting a little out of control!! ( but it's worth it!!;) :D  :D

Listening to Five Miles Out ~ Taurus 2 right now.

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: July 15 2005, 06:11

Quote (olracUK @ July 14 2005, 18:43)
Sinead O'Connor - troy.

Now there's a voice to make anyone take virtual vocalists back into the shop for a refund.

<sigh>

I just love that woman!

If you get the chance, listen to a couple of tracks from her Universal Mother album:

John I Love You - is one of the most perfectly realised recordings of a superbly arranged pop song that I've ever heard.

In This Heart - is Sinead and 3 male singers a capella on one of the most haunting songs you will ever hear.

Oh and the live album, the 2nd CD, from the She Who Dwells... collection send shivers up your spine.  What a gift that woman has!!

Jules

--------------
Profile PM 
afghan Offline

Posted: July 16 2005, 14:40

coldplay fantastic enough said. :D

--------------
may you never run aground or fall into the deep deep sound
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: July 17 2005, 04:29

Yeh I love Sinead as well but only have 3 cds, the Best of, Faith and Courage, and the Lion and the Cobra. From what I've heard my favourite songs are "Nothing compares to you" and "You're jealous". I heard her sing that live on the radia once, just her and her guitar, god it was beautiful. If you like Sinead you would like Sia, Aussie artist.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: July 17 2005, 14:10

i'm listening to tr3s lunas. actually i've been hooked to it since months ago.. i can't take it out of my portable cd player!!
it's perfect for walking to work through town in the morning and also to relax back home in the evening when the heat's gone and also to sit in front of the sea.
right now sprites.. i just love it.
so many good memories from the games..

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: July 17 2005, 18:26

Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth :O good stuff

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
amarokian Offline

Posted: July 24 2005, 02:19

King Crimson - The Night Watch (1997)

--------------
These posts are hazardous to the health of cloth-eared nincompoops.If you suffer from this condition after you read my posts,consult your doctor immediately.
Profile PM 
amarokian Offline

Posted: July 24 2005, 09:05

Klaus Schulze - Moondawn (1976)
Peter Gabriel - II (1978)

--------------
These posts are hazardous to the health of cloth-eared nincompoops.If you suffer from this condition after you read my posts,consult your doctor immediately.
Profile PM 
amarokian Offline

Posted: July 24 2005, 09:06

Genesis - From Genesis To Revelation (1969)

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 24 2005, 09:08

Tony Christie - Is this the way to Amarillo? :D... immediately followed by Jean Michel Jarre's anthology, Images.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: July 24 2005, 13:25

John Hiatt, so many great songs from him :cool: newest, Master Of Disaster sounds good too :)

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
6009 replies since April 23 2005, 14:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (301) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net