Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: WHAT A COCK UP!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 17 2002, 13:24

Just seen a big advert in Uncut magazine for Tre3s Lunas anouncing "The new studio album from Mike Oldfield". Its release date "1st July 2002". With the album not out untill the 12th of August what the f***ing hell is going on? Nowonder Mike's profile here in the UK is vanishing, does nobody here care enough to get things right? Methinks someone somewhere should be given a kick up the arse.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: July 17 2002, 13:38

At the end of the recent Sunday Express article - which Dark Star had previously claimed would be published to co-incide with the album's UK release - a release date of July 1st was also given. It seems WEA UK are intent on messing up all of their own (barely existent) promotion for Mike.

'cock up' indeed...

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: July 17 2002, 16:31

That is indeed messed up. but i'm just glad i got my copy before amazon.co.uk changed their release date to aug. 15 as well. ;)

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 17 2002, 17:39

I'm thinking they should have a launch event...and seeing as Mike likes beer, it should be an event where there's lots of that to be had...in fact, even better, they should go for somewhere that beer is made...

...then we'll really see if they can organise a piss up in a brewery or not ;)
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: July 17 2002, 23:05

Make sure it'll be in the UK, not in Germany......

Or you'll have to wait till october.
( :D  October Bierfesten)

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: July 20 2002, 06:14

I don't see why it is so hard to release the album in all places at once. Why did they push back the release date at all? Just hurry up and release the thing!  ;)

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2002, 08:54

So Tr3s Lunas is released tomorrow in the UK. Hooray! Is eveyone here excited? I bet most of the Brits reading this won't be able to sleep tonight with excitment, no doubt most of you will be at the front door of your local HMV at 9 am like me (not) . So in the end what was the reason for the delayed release? The newspapers and music press haven't exactly been overflowing with articles and adds. Anyone care for an explanation?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 11 2002, 09:15

There has been talk that the release of To Be Free in the UK has been pulled. I've not heard anything official on that, though.

Let's hope the same doesn't happen to Tres Lunas, though I actually wouldn't put it past them...
Profile PM 
7 replies since July 17 2002, 13:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net