Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Wembley Arena, London 22-07-83, In FLAC (lossless compression)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Spinne Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 03 2005, 06:21

Hello everybody

I have added to eMule this show in lossless compression. The bootleg was recently shared in the Bit Torrent network using FLAC format, I only have added some FLAC plug-ins (the ones to use the files with Winamp and Nero) for those who don't usually use this kind of files. Those plug-ins can also be found at Nero's plug-in page and Winamp's Input Plug-ins page.

The full track list is as follow:
1. Woodhenge
2. Incantations (part 3 excerpt)
3. Sheba
4. Ommadawn (part 1 excerpt)
5. Mount Teide
6. Five Miles Out
7. Tubular Bells (part 1) - full track, about 19 minutes long (not 15 as in most bootlegs)
8. Crises

9. Taurus 1
10. Taurus 2
11. Moonlight Shadow
12. Shadow On The Wall
13. Family Man

The e-link to download it is:
ed2k://|file|Mike%20Oldfield%2083-07-22%20Wembley%20Arena,%20London%20(10th%20Anniversary%20Of%20Tubular%20Bells)%20-%20Lossless%20(FLAC).zip|786305033|14B3133B5B813FC31EB973788A8F282D|h=YQKRXFRHO4VUWMBRHMQSHGBTRRHKYUWA|/....A|

Thanks to ferper to share this on Bit Torrent, steelydan for fixing Taurus 2 track and Gordon for the beatiful covers scans included in the pack.

Have a nice download (the file is about 750 MB) and a nicer listenning ;)
Profile PM 
ekloef Offline

Posted: April 03 2005, 16:31

Thank you so very much for sharing this with us!!

This will be the first thing I will download when I get my ADSL in a couple of weeks.

Robert, Sweden

--------------
https://www.instagram.com/robtch/
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: April 03 2005, 18:24

Quote (Spinne @ April 03 2005, 13:21)
7. Tubular Bells (part 1) - full track, about 19 minutes long (not 15 as in most bootlegs)

Does this bootleg have also better quality than other bootlegs of this concert? My mouth waters for it as it's my favourite two hours of music ever but at the moment I don't have broadband connection... :/

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Spinne Offline

Posted: April 09 2005, 06:48

Well, I have hear different bootlegs in MP3 format and all of them have nearly the same sound quality, but I have to say that in my opinion this is one of the best sounding ones. Maybe when someone ends the download can add a different point of view. I think that the facts that being lossless (not MP3 sourced), complete and probably including the tracks in the right order makes worth it the download.

Anyway, if you want, I can send you a little excerpt in MP3 so you can get an idea of the sound quality and also we can arrange a trade if you still can't download it ;)
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: April 09 2005, 21:01

i just wanna say very thank you for sharing this. I have it now after struggling with covert them to winamp  :p
This is much . much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very good quality.. I have this concert but the quality is very bad.. so this is like a new gooood concert from mike.. I love the ommadawn version!!!

and five miles out is very good to + family man!!!!

:)  :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Mr_Brownstone Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2005, 10:43

can some1 pleez redo it in mp3, or wma, and perhaps split it up into different segments in .rar

thnx
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2005, 10:38

There are already other versions circulating in MP3 format over the net, so please don't convert this to MP3 or any other lossy format (OGG, WMA 8...). I don't understand why you want to split it up in parts. I think is better have the full show in one single file. When there are several parts can happen that some parts have more sources than others and also that some have no sources so you won't be able to download the full think. If you search for Oldfield and Wembley you will find lots of MP3 for this show but while some (such as Shadow On The Wall) have a lot of sources some other tracks have none.
Profile PM 
amazarak Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 08:45

Thank You very much for this concert.
Mike shows here, that his guitar doesn't have to sound artificial. And there are moments where Ommadawn sounds almost like played by Metallica :)
This concert took place when I was 11 days old... Gosh, I can't forgive myself I wasn't there ;)
But I can't stand cutting the Incantations...

amazarak

--------------
Just hold your heading true
Got to get your finest out
Profile PM 
7 replies since April 03 2005, 06:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net