Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Well, she's gone(maybe Eddy too)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 01:31

My ex-GF called last night from her new apt. This was news to me. I had hoped to stay in our house for 2 years. Says she will continue to pay her half of the rent thru April when the lease is up. I may get to keep little Eddy(the avatar) once in a while. She owns the pink slip on him. Wish I could grab him and dissapear to Canada. He is everything.......

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 04:16

I`m sorry to hear that Jim.I hope you two can work something out over Eddy.My wife`s uncle lost his leg last year due to MRSA,and although he was given an artificial leg at first.Well unfortunatly he`s since had to have more of his leg removed,and it`s looking very much like he`s going to be in a wheelchair permanently from here on.Consequently the guy`s had to give up his dog to my wife`s parents,which is really hitting him hard.Of course he still gets to see the dog almost every day,but I know it`s not the same thing for him sadly.My heart goes out to you mate.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 06:23

Yes, the world is a vale of tears. Schopenhauer's The World as Will and Idea is a great book in that it explains clearly and intelligibly why it must be so. Closer to home, Mike's loss-connoting music strikes us forcefully, because we know deep down it is truthful.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 06:43

... And we find that music beautiful because truth is seldom to be found in the world.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 10:12

Well I dropped by her place on my way home and got Eddy for today.....

Eddy and me, finally free
Were headin' home, gonna chew on a bone
That's Eddy and me...

Eddy and me, now we're crossing the street
Once we are there gonna spin in the air
Yeah Eddy and me...

The woman can go, but Eddy no no
You really should know about the toys we'll throw
Please Eddy don't go...

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 11:04

How about this tune and video by The Streets, "Dry your eyes" - mate. One man and his dog.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOf3s70w-c

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 11:35

I hope the guy was talking about the dog, because I don't care about the woman. She has gone too many times.
    Myspace sucks. I got on there and spent an hour going around and around trying to create a musician account. Finally did. Uploaded a photo. Tried to figure out how to upload music......let alone just add somebody elses song. Man it is not user freindly. So I left.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 12:01

Love me love my dog?

Chin up Jim, what is your favourite MO track to cheer you up?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 12:08

Hergest Ridge. Now I uploaded an old song of mine and it is not on my page to be found. It just vanished. On top of that, there is some "artist" out there going by Scatterplot. What I heard by him/her was junk. I've been using that name since 1992. I think I give up. Just glad it was a throwaway tune.....

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2008, 16:09

Enough of all that soft stuff - how about Tom Vek's, "Nothing but Green Lights" - from here.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uGRdbSudAC0

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 21 2008, 00:53

cool.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2008, 18:23

HI Jim, haven't been on here  for a while, but I hope you do get little Eddy back.  I've had a little kitty living with me for 1 1/2 weeks, she'd been lost since the 7th, and she came in through my window on the 17th when it was raining heavily and hasn't left since, despite leaving a window open some of the time for her to escape if she so wished.
Her previous owners realised I probably had her yesterday, but I didn't see any posters up for a lost kitty (so didn't seem that bothered). I think they saw that she was at home here and let me keep her.  I cried when I thought I was going to loose her.  She's been a good companion to me these past days, she often stops my mind from thinking negative thoughts.
All I need now is for my boyfriend to be here with me, but that's a nuisance when you live 60 miles apart.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2008, 19:45

She gave him to me. The bad part is, there is 5 months to go on this lease and she's paid up till new years and still claims to pay her rent till the lease is up. So, she comes over to get stuff, and the longer time goes by, the more she wants him back. It gets nasty. I have proof she gave him to me in the form of a letter she sent her sister telling her she gave him to me. So if I can survive the bad vibes and insults, I move in April. I can then re-train Eddy to forget her. If I make it 5 more months. She legally has a right to have a key, so I could be at work and......you can guess the rest. After April 1, I'm in control of my new dwelling.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 27 2008, 21:48

Hmm....can you sublet and move somewhere else? Probably a good idea to start looking for rentals that allow dogs.

Dogs actually get written into custody arrangements in divorce agreements. When we were going through that, we didn't include Belle and Skye in the settlement, but instead thought of what would be better for them. My ex has a fence, I didn't. He could get home for lunch to let them out; I was often on the road and out of town even when I lived there. But I miss them like hell.  When I was in Missouri in October, they still remembered me.  I would spend time training Eddy to bark at Maggie Thatcher or waking you up if you fall asleep during Voyager, rather than retraining them to forget your gf. He'll eventually forgot her anyway, if he doesn't see her.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
13 replies since Nov. 20 2008, 01:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net