Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: We'll just make our own music CD of SR< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Rod Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 28 2000, 21:28

What's the big deal. If Mike (or the people that manage him) doesn't want to give his fans what they want and deserve, we don't have to suffer. It will be the easiest thing in the world to just make a custom music CD with all the music in SR, that we all can enjoy in our cd decks. We can even make a pretty custom cover with the SR logo on it.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 29 2000, 18:52

This depends on how the game works...I have a feeling that the music may alter depending on what you do in the game, which might mean that it's never the same twice and therefore difficult to get a definitive recording...

Besides, I have a much better idea. It seems like a lot of fans aren't pleased with what Mike's been doing lately...I believe that what's needed is to construct a new Franksnstein's monster style musician that combines all the best elements of the current Mike Oldfield, but at the same time is perfectly happy to spend the rest of his days creating the likes of Ommadawn 2 and whatever else may appeal to the hard-core fans out there...
Profile PM 
Rod Offline

Posted: June 29 2000, 20:59

Originally posted by Korgscrew:
This depends on how the game works...I have a feeling that the music may alter depending on what you do in the game, which might mean that it's never the same twice and therefore difficult to get a definitive recording...

It is impossible for the music never to be the same twice. At some point it has to repeat itself. It will probably just be hundreds of loops that vary depending on what you do. You could take all of this loops and put them together as you wish, making your own custom SR record with all the game's music.
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Posted: June 29 2000, 21:28

I just can't understand why no one seems to be happy with what Mike's been doing lately. After seeing the sample images of this virtual world on the SR website, I look foreword to exporing what he's created.

The only thing that I don't like is: "what if I don't have time to explore the virtual world, and yet still want to listen to the music while I work?" That's the problem. I want him to make his virtual world; furthermore, I want to explore it -if the sample images are even more impressive full screen, I think it'll be a moving experience....just like playing Rama, or Dare To Dream (2 computer games that are similar to what Mike's doing).

It's just that I won't always want to explore the world to hear the music; I won't always have the time; I may just want to listen to the music while I work on something else.

I'd just like the best of both worlds.
Profile PM 
weiler oliver Offline

Posted: July 19 2000, 15:35

hello english fans!

ich beschwere mich jetzt mal in deutsch!
ich bin von dieser sache mit sr sehr entäuscht.
1.) weil nur englische kreditkarten zulässig sind,

2.) was machen die MO fans ohne deutsche kreditkarte???!?!!!!

3.) ist mir als fan unverständlich warum dann eine solche site überhaupt in deutsch veröffentlicht wird.
MO hören alle schichten in deutschland

now mister oldfield, act for ALL the german fans
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since June 28 2000, 21:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net