Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: We Will Rock You, Queen musical< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 06 2010, 19:41

Just been to see this tonight. Bloody fantastic! I'd read some negative reviews and I can understand where they are coming from regarding plot and dialogue. But really, if you like Queens music and can cope with Ben Eltons's sense of humour, this is a great experience. The band and cast vocals were superb (Edinburgh playhouse touring production).

Anyone else seen it? It has been around for quite a few years!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Herod Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 07 2010, 03:04

As a huge Queen fan...I didn't want to see it!!!!!

Years ago I read the plot and thought it was terrible... still think it is, but last summer I was in London and wanted to see a musical, and the only tickets I found were those for WWRY...

...I had a WONDERFUL time!!!! Not only the show was funny and energetic, but I appreciated A LOT that they were able to maintain Queen's sense of humor throughout the performance ;)

...and I broke into uncontrollable tears on "No-One But You"....

--------------
The last 80 seconds of 'Amarok' are one of the reasons for being happy to live in this planet.
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2010, 12:19

Yes I've seen it, songs were great (obviously), singing was great, and it was full of good humoured fun! Yes, the plot was a little weak but all the things mentioned above made up for it.

--------------
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 07 2010, 12:57

I didn't know about this musical. Just reading the first paragraphs of the plot synopsis left me permanently scarred.

My revenge will be cruel.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Herod Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2010, 03:27

Sir, I can understand you perfectly.... I think that some better storyline might have been built around those songs, but believe me, it's completely respectful towards Queen (Brian and Roger produced the show) and really really humorous!

--------------
The last 80 seconds of 'Amarok' are one of the reasons for being happy to live in this planet.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Jan. 06 2010, 19:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net