Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: We Are Alive, The demo..< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 27 2003, 05:55

My friend from New Brunswick came down for the week and we finally got to record our favourite song. It's actually really good quality. Though obviously poor in many areas. My friend (Shawn) sings in it. We Are Alive is basically a Christian proclamation that we won't stand back anymore, but we will move forward with God as far as we can go.

Other than a Sweep Pad from my MT-200 at the beginning, the rest is guitars. Tell me what you think.

http://smc.sq7.org/brandon/alive.ogg

EDIT: Aparently our server won't let us link to any files anymore because we've exceeded our file size limit of 300 megs......so sorry, people. Unless someone can provide some space for me.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 29 2003, 14:17

I've got an alternate place to host this file so I can finally put it online. I've got an MP3 and an OGG. The OGG is in the zip file.

http://www.geocities.com/shine64.rm/alive.mp3
http://www.geocities.com/shine64.rm/alive.zip

You'll have to copy and paste the links into your URL address bar in your browser.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 29 2003, 14:48

That's a really well put together song. The playing's good and there are plenty of things going on in the arrangement to keep it interesting. I like the way the drumbeat works together with the guitars to give it quite a contemporary rock/pop feel.

Watch the levels, though - at least at my end, the louder parts are clipping (like at 1:50). You might also like to try experimenting with EQ to give the vocals a bit more space to themselves.

Nice!
Profile PM 

Posted: June 29 2003, 15:10

Thanks, Korgscrew! Yes some parts do get loud. Especially the guitar in that first chorus. And the drums. We wanted to get some acoustic drums in there as well, but, well, we didn't have one lol. Well we have one but it needs new skins....badly. And it's all taken apart anyway. So, yes. All we had were drum loops to work with. We were really messing around with them, though. EQing left and right and even severely slowing one down (the one in the first chorus).

Had we had more time, the song would have been longer and contained a guitar solo. Actually, we had many ideas about making this more than a song....more like an instrumental/song. Kind of like the band 'Yes'. We'd have the song play and then have this instrumental part after it or something. Anyway, we have some ideas, but haven't perfected them or put them together yet.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: June 29 2003, 15:28

Wow! That's sound great! Especially for a Christian song. ;) I think I would have trouble to distinct this from a professional song! Really!

That Shawn, would he perhaps willing to lend his voice? :) I really could use it!

gj!

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 29 2003, 16:28

Unforunetly, he's gone back to New Brunswick and would have no way to do it and get it to you :/. Sorry.

Thanks for the words, though! I'm now comfortable because you liked it lol jk. We were going for a really Delirious feel. Delrious makes a lot of songs like that.

Thx again, guys.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
ktran Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 04 2003, 15:16

dude... good work.

Is that an acoustic guitar, or one of your effects? :-)

--------------
Khoa Tran
www.suspendedseconds.ca
Profile PM 

Posted: July 04 2003, 22:37

That is in fact an acoustic guitar. A very bad one at that lol. Strings kept going out of tune. Bad sound. All around bad. We recorded it through a Shure SM57 mic plugged into my GT-6 Guitar Effects Processor ;) for the reverb and chorus and delay sometimes etc. We bought that mic for $170 something CAD just to record that lol.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
7 replies since June 27 2003, 05:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net