...waiting for reviews from all you lucky
people who went there.

Happy New Year!

/Hans
Profile PM WEB 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 08 2000, 17:33

Well, although being German, I wasn't there on New Years Eve (I had a gig to play myself...). But tonight, I listened to 'Berlin 2000' over the web. It's the piece they played immediately after midnight. It starts with a theme from TSODE. Later, they cover "Freude schöner Götterfunke" by Beethoven. Listening to that, I had some spontaneous ideas. They're just free associations, but why not put them online wink?
1) In the Beethoven part, you can clearly hear the siren of a fire engine. And it sounds *musical*! Doing that *on purpose* would have been a great ("Amarokish") idea!
2) This Beethoven piece has been covered before. For instance, it was the title track on "Difficult To Cure" by Richie Blackmore's Rainbow. I like that version.
3) Did you know that Ludwig van Beethoven wrote a symphony titled "Wellington's Victory"? There are a lot of gunshot FX in it. It was used to celebrate the defeat of Napoleon and was a "No.1 Hit" those days! Today, it's (fortunately) as good as forgotten. What does this have to do with MO? It's up to you! wink
4) I think Mike's lead guitar on 'Berlin 2000' is great. He was in a good shape.

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since Jan. 01 2000, 06:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net