Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: VVV GBR..., Hidden radio message in TB recording!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 07 2008, 16:30

Stumbled aross this note about a curiosity in the original recording of Tubular Bells. Some spectrum analysis by this chap suggests the guitar pickups picked up some low frequency test transmissions which made it into the final recording.

Wonder if Mike knows this!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 08 2008, 03:27

I know I`ve had a few pieces of hi-fi equipment down the years that have picked up radio signals in varying degrees.So I suppose this article does`nt surprise me at all in one sense.Although it is the first time I`ve seen something like this discussed regarding "hidden radio signals" on a finished recording.

"Poorly shielded cables"..Well that made perfect sense to me thinking back to some of my own "dodgy" old second hand equipment.I even had an old amplifier once that would pick up police radio late at night.Not that you would ever hear anything remotely exciting on there..."Yeah needs a bit of work guys,don`t give up the day job..Try listening to a proper DJ see if you can`t pick up some tips"...And then regarding all that poorly shielded cable supposition further..Well when you think about it logicaly God only knows what state that unfinished Manor was like back then with all those spaced out 70`s apprentice sparkies shuffling about the place.And you can bet your bottom dollar old Branson would`ve had it done on the cheap,with as much "knocked off" gear going into it as feasibly possible"Oh don`t you worry about cutting corners...My old man`s a judge you know"...
Profile PM 
1 replies since Oct. 07 2008, 16:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net