Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: VST Instruments...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Rileman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 18 2007, 07:18

Hi!

I'm looking for great VST instruments or effects, that sounds like instruments or effects Mike has used, for example synths, keyboards, grand pianos, Tubular Bells etc.

Thanks..

--------------
It's not easy going where no-one goes, and no-one knows...
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 06 2007, 18:21

Zero-G's "Nostalgia" has a lot of old synth sounds, including most of the recognizable ones from the Fairlight. Link to Nostalgia

Either incarnation of the Korg Legacy collections have a virtual version of the M1 which appears quite a bit from around Amarok to Voyager (that range is kind of sketchy. It's definitely on TB2). I'd get the Korg Legacy Digital collection because it's got a Wavestation as well which is a rather amazing synth. Link to Korg Legacy Digital Collection.

Gmedia's Virtual String Machine will do any string ensemble you might want. Link to Gmedia Virtual String Machine Alternatively you could try the free downloads of Crazy Diamonds or the Big Tick Cheeze Machine

NUSofting's Combo Sister will do a fine emulation of Vox Continental and Farfisa organs for that early 70s sound. Link to Combo Sister Alternatively you might try the Native Instruments B4II which can do good Hammond B4, Vox Continental, Farfisa and harmonium emulations (and I think Mike has been using this plug-in recently). Link to Native Instruments B4II

For Tubular Bells, Grand Piano or other acoustic instruments I would try a good sampler with some orchestral patches.
Profile PM 
1 replies since April 18 2007, 07:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net