Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: VRP Ideas< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 03 2000, 20:53

I am not a gamer, so my comments may be naive, but here goes....... Like Olivier suggested, it would be nice to have a project that involves a collaborative effort to solve. As others have also commented, it should be multileveled. I've been reading William Sullivan's Secret of the Incas, which deals with myth as a means of transmitting technical information through time (see http://www.lauralee.com/articles/incas.htm or http://circulartimes.com/incas.htm
for an example of thinking about this without reading the entire book!). Likewise, I wonder if the project could use both storytelling and music to transmit clues in a manner similar to several Inkaic myths. Other ideas: The project could encompass several worlds that intersect with a progression and path from one world to the next, e.g. the Incanted World. Incantations could take one for a romp through Greek/Roman mythology and Native American (though careful with Hiawatha – it's an amalgamation fabricated by a non-Indian person who raided Ojibwe and Iroquois traditions). Perhaps one would find clues in Hergest Ridge (besides naked pagans dancing on the ridge in the moonlight, hahaha!) Or one may have to ride Five Miles Out On Horseback..... the possibilities are endless! Think where we could go through the "tubular portal" of time as experienced in the Millennium Bell! Maybe we would have to walk through tubular bells to get to various places. A maize of bells! Perhaps we'd have to play (music), choreograph, and/or dance our way from place to place after finding clues. (Dancing tubular bells!) And create new music. Hmm. The universe isn't spherical: it's tubular! Of course, what I think would really be kool is a holograph of Mike playing on my coffee table a riff from Amarok! Or even better, demonstrating how to play some of the stuff!
Naho! M-C

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
0 replies since Feb. 03 2000, 20:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net