Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Volcano, Only for us< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DarkenedEdo Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 27 2003, 10:19

Take a MusicVR-guitar riff, 3 notes of piano, a bell tree with the sound of a volcano. Put them all in a shaker and listen once. Then get it away.
I've called VOLCANO, but the real name could be "the 10 minutes-bulding track, in a momento of boring"

Volcano

The second one is a Sakamoto-inspired. Bad mixing, the drum is too loud. If you like it I will re-record it.
The title is FALLIN'

Fallin'

--------------
www.edoardofainello.com :::: www.fayeth.com :::: www.myspace.com/kahman
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 27 2003, 10:55

your piano playing is very impressive :)
you are good ;)

Volcano is really impressive track really deep atmoshphere great!

and Fallin I am listening it now...makes me feel like a musician got a big depression :-/ but overall it's a nice track.
The drums are way too loud but my guess is that you could compensate it with a half hour mastering process :)
only the piano and the mix is a bit strange the piano should be a bit more to the high band...get's way too bassy sometimes and that's irritating but goooooood track!

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: May 27 2003, 11:24

you're right. but i prefer to re-record it, changing the arrangement.

thank you.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
bugular tell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 27 2003, 14:29

Amazing, i dont know if this sounds a little strange, but i feel like i connect with your music it is truly beautiful work, a rare talent, i look forward to your future peices, thank you  :D

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: May 27 2003, 18:08

Both are a bit to 'new-agy' for me, but there are some nice moments in fallin'. Cool tune.

btw, what is a Sakamoto?

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Posted: May 27 2003, 22:19

Quote (Music @ the ancient language...,May 27 2003, 18:08)
Both are a bit to 'new-agy' for me, but there are some nice moments in fallin'. Cool tune.

btw, what is a Sakamoto?

no it aint,,first 1 is well old school???

second 1 is still cool

boss keep it up ..dont listen 2 simon ; )

but yeh "what is a Sakamoto"
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: May 27 2003, 22:24

My my MY! If Mike Oldfield himself ever goes more downhill than he is now, I'd definitely consider making you my new favorite artist! :D

Volcano: Incredible use of the MVR sounds and guitars there! Interesting the way you blended them with the pad. The chords you use there are excellent. It starts going uplifting and then goes to this awesome minor chord that changes the whole mood. I love this song. The feel is so mellow and dreamy. Exactly describes my moods sometimes (not that I get spaced out and hypnotic, mind you). DUDE MAKE MORE!

Fallin': As you said the drums are a tad loud. A little more in-the-background feel and they'd be just perfefct, though. Nice piano tune. Starts getting good at aronud 2:16. Overall, very beautiful!

I just can't get over this....NICE NICE NICE!!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Square Offline

Posted: May 28 2003, 12:02

Very nice! Yes, the drums are a bit too loud. But the music is beautiful......................
Profile PM 
SHINE Offline

Posted: May 28 2003, 15:41

Thank you again,DarkenEdo.

Your music comes straight from your heart and reaches mine.
        As I'm not a musician but only a music lover, I'm not able to technically comment your work.
        But I can say that your music takes me far into emotional trips.
        It gives wings to my mind.
        Sincerily,I LOVE your music.
                     :)
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 29 2003, 11:03

Man you are gifted with special talent :)
keep on working and if you need any help (though I think you're not gonna need it) just contact me ;)

GOOD WORK!

I am listening again and it is so good so good...

hehe I will call you now Mike Oldfield jr. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: May 29 2003, 12:53

yhat's incredible! i didn't think you really like this stuff. i made it quickly and without partiCulary care. your comments are something great for me, you can'y immagine.listening to all the fans music i think there a great talent in everyone. it's wonderful. to listen this kind of music without paying is a little revolution against the major, wich pay a lot of million dollars to people like ROBBIE WILLIAMS (he's not a singer, not a musician, not a composer), forgetting that ther are great musicians hidden in the web.
anyway, thank you very much, your compliments are too much for me.

yesterday, after reading your last messages, i start to compose an hard work: it will be the natural sequel of project 1 and it will be 35 minutes longer, changing every 2 minutes. there will be electronic sound mixed with classic guitar, acoustic bass, electric guitar and orchestral strings.
in my head it is already done, every single notes. i need time to record it (DURING THE DAY I GOT TO WORK...TO EAT AND REACH THE END OF THE MONTH...YOU KNOW...).
be patient, i hope you will like it and it will be an exclusive for www.tubular.net

BOOSTER of course i will need your help. MUSICALLY INSPIRED i need a go6d guitarplayer, and i'm not, you are.
i will publish the files in a secret url during the recording, and we can work together on the project, if you like the idea.

for those who don't knows SAKAMOTO: check the site, you will love it as i do.

sakamoto

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 29 2003, 13:08

well if you will gimme midi files or something "standardized" I can help you I hope I will be usefull :)

though I don't really think you need help from a worse musician (meaning me)

--------------
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 29 2003, 15:14

I think your guitar playing is fine, Edo - I don't want to ruin any potential collaboration between you and other forum users, but you really can do it all yourself.
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: May 29 2003, 15:21

Quote (Korgscrew @ May 29 2003, 15:14)
I think your guitar playing is fine, Edo - I don't want to ruin any potential collaboration between you and other forum users, but you really can do it all yourself.

yeap amen to that...

and if you'll get lost in something you can post a message there's lot of helpful people around ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
SHINE Offline

Posted: May 29 2003, 15:37

Hi, Edo,

Waiting for your next job is going to be difficult, but in France they say "les bonnes choses se font attendre", that means "good things make you wait for them", so I'll wait.
            I'm sure this 35 min piece is gonna be fantastic.As all the others I have heard from you.
            BTW,days ago I was thinking about how great it would be to listen to your music in a longer version.
             :)
            About your concert in October,in the Italian fan meeting, I would like to know if you are going to hung the music of all the musicians on the net.Have you a link ?
            I like Sakamoto's work but threre's a long time I haven't heard anything of him.I'd like to know if he have ever played with Tomita (excuse me,don't remember his name)
            Thank you again for sharing your great music with us,Edo ;)
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: May 31 2003, 00:43

Shine, as far as I know Ryuichi Sakamoto never played with Isao Tomita.
When Tomita was into reworking classical music Sakamoto was a member of Yellow Magic Orchestra who played very poppy synth music.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: May 31 2003, 12:33

I realise now that I wasn't very polite in not making a statement about "Volcano".  

Well Edoardo, I told you before I can't get enough of your music.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: May 31 2003, 13:56

I agree you should do the guitar work yourself to expand your playing ability. But if you REALLY want me, sure I'm available! Or maybe we can do guitar deuts? :D

shine64@rocketmail.com if you still want another guitar player...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 31 2003, 19:16

It's GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!! :) :) :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
18 replies since May 27 2003, 10:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net