Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: vocals of the source of screts and fatc ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
sally Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 31 2000, 15:50

Hello everybody!
I really love TB3!But could anybody tell me what that woman sings in the source of secrets and also in far above the clouds?Which language is that?I listen to it a thousend times,but I just don't understand it.An answer would be great!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 01 2000, 19:13

And an answer you shall get... wink

A look in the MO FAQ reveals that the lyrics from The source of Secrets/ Jewel in the Crown are in Hindi (An Asian language), going something like this...
Mushikhil Badi Tu hai Kaha, meaning something like 'There is a lot of trouble, where are you?'.

As for 'Far above the clouds', I thought those were just wordless vocals (aaaaaa, etc).

Anyone else care to comment?
Profile PM 
sally Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2000, 16:40

Hello Korgscrew!
Thanx a lot for the answer!I have to write the vocals down immediately! Where did you get them?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2000, 18:05

You don't need to write them down, Sally... you can find them right here: www.tubular.net/lyrics . Click on the TB3 link & you will get ALL the vocal lines written down.

As for WHO is singing:
TSOS - Amar (from Africa?? Korgscrew, help!)
FATC - Clodagh Simmonds (Symonds?)

P.S. Clodagh's voice in FATC is meant (in MO's opinion) to allude to Ommadawn Part 1. I don't find this allusion anywhere, despite Rob Miles' "Ommadawny voices" at that point, in his TB3 analysis.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2000, 03:43

Just For Information...
Amar is a female indian (from India smile) singer. She made a duet with Khaled ( an algerian artist who lives in France) and she made her own CD this summer, a sort of indian techno.

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
sally Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2000, 10:18

Thanks to both of you,Ugo and Korgscrew!
I didn't discover the lyrics in tubular.net yet,but now I know,and that's very good!:-)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 03 2000, 19:58

Clodagh's vocals...well, they are sort of Ommadawny, as in you get those powerful 'chords' built up of vocal harmonies (using just wordless aaaahs) a bit like you get towards the end of Ommadawn Part 1. That's about the only similarity really...
Profile PM 
6 replies since Oct. 31 2000, 15:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net