Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Vocaloid, Virtual Singer by Yamaha< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 178 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 15:32

Has Anyone ever used Vocaloid by Yamaha? I believe MO used it on 'Light & Shade'
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 16:10

Right Vocaloid and Cantor . In Vocaloid you can easily recognize the voice of Myriam Stocley .

I would have liked to get one of them but they are pretty much expensive .
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 16:13

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Feb. 22 2011, 21:10)
Right Vocaloid and Cantor . In Vocaloid you can easily recognize the voice of Myriam Stocley .

not now.......

MIRIAM Vocaloid
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 16:17

I found Cantor last weak and I think it's very robotic. On the VirSyn site apparently MO used it on "Surfing" on "Light & Shade"... there's something I didn't know....
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 17:34

:) He even has said these softs can be useful if you add to them some effects to "change/modify/ameliorate" the rendering .

Oh yeah the new price is really interesting before end of February .....but i can't this month  :/ .....
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 17:40

Quote (quietman @ Feb. 22 2011, 22:17)

I found Cantor last weak and I think it's very robotic. On the VirSyn site apparently MO used it on "Surfing" on "Light & Shade"... there's something I didn't know....

:D humm i didn't wanted to speak about this but in my next piece i added something like this but not with Vocaloid or Cantor , as always due to lack of means , i've done a sort of "do it yourself" with other vst effects.....
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2011, 17:47

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Feb. 22 2011, 22:40)

:D humm i didn't wanted to speak about this but in my next piece i added something like this but not with Vocaloid or Cantor , as always due to lack of means , i've done a sort of "do it yourself" with other vst effects.....

loking forward to hearing the results and what fx you used...
Profile PM 
Michael Hilton Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 05:19

Quote (quietman @ Feb. 23 2011, 06:47)

Hi guys...like your music btw
I'm also using a vst called "Angelina" on Static pt 2, the track Milamber and I are currently working on.
It also gives you a vowely kind of vocal sound and I think It's still a free download on the internet. :)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 08:04

;) It's no longer avalaible on Big Tick website but as it's free i can give it to you . You can use it as instrument or effect .....but in fact i've never managed to use it  ! :D  I think you just can make choirs and not real talking/singing vocals .

Martin do like me ! Try to find something like "free natural speaking" , record the voice and pass them through a vocoder , finely set you can get some nice vocals ! You can plug a micro phone to your soundcard too and record yourself and then use again a vocoder . the best is doing simply like Mike chanting and playing through a vocoder . With my daw i can do like this but i have to plug a micro and i don't want to record my voice because it's ..awful !:D

You also can get some recorded voices in the net by typing a text but i think now you ""can't use the wavs voices"" but .....well  ;) I would not say it, I promise! :D

I don't remember which Daw you are using but in mine there's a tip to use the internal vocoder , i replace it by a simple talkbox and i've got something good ( imho) .  You have to use two channels , one for the instrument with chords or a melody and one for the voice and the result is you get a chanting vocal !

Hope you will understand my English
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 08:35

You can download the thing I believe. Saves quite some money  :)

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 13:02

Quote (Michael Hilton @ Feb. 24 2011, 10:19)
Quote (quietman @ Feb. 23 2011, 06:47)

Hi guys...like your music btw
I'm also using a vst called "Angelina" on Static pt 2, the track Milamber and I are currently working on.
It also gives you a vowely kind of vocal sound and I think It's still a free download on the internet. :)

Yes I have played with this VST but the thing I like about Vocaloid is that you can write your lyrics and he or she will sing it. OK, it's a bit cheesy but not bad if you don't want to sing yourself or find a vocalist...
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 13:09

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Feb. 24 2011, 13:04)
;) It's no longer avalaible on Big Tick website but as it's free i can give it to you . You can use it as instrument or effect .....but in fact i've never managed to use it  ! :D  I think you just can make choirs and not real talking/singing vocals .

Martin do like me ! Try to find something like "free natural speaking" , record the voice and pass them through a vocoder , finely set you can get some nice vocals ! You can plug a micro phone to your soundcard too and record yourself and then use again a vocoder . the best is doing simply like Mike chanting and playing through a vocoder . With my daw i can do like this but i have to plug a micro and i don't want to record my voice because it's ..awful !:D

You also can get some recorded voices in the net by typing a text but i think now you ""can't use the wavs voices"" but .....well  ;) I would not say it, I promise! :D

I don't remember which Daw you are using but in mine there's a tip to use the internal vocoder , i replace it by a simple talkbox and i've got something good ( imho) .  You have to use two channels , one for the instrument with chords or a melody and one for the voice and the result is you get a chanting vocal !

Hope you will understand my English

Hi TT

I do like you!!! Your'e cool!

Yes, I will experiment with my voice soon and vocode it (like Mike did on some of the QE2 tracks). I have used 'ispeech' on the internet to record some text to speech. I have used this on my tracks 'Invisible Colours' (you can tell I'm British as I spelt Colours with the 'U' in!;) and with the track 'Trinity' but they speak the text rather than sing.

I have been posting on the Cakewalk forum as well and there are some technical issues running Vocaloid in Sonar. It seems it will not run in 64 bit Sonar but will run in Rewire 32 bit mode.

Just pondering if it's worth the risk for the price of about £55 on this special offer with Zero G.

QM
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 13:10

Quote (HR lover @ Feb. 24 2011, 13:35)
You can download the thing I believe. Saves quite some money  :)

Hi HR Lover

(did I see a post what HR stands for... enlighten me...)

Do you mean download Vocaloid. Have you used it?

QM
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 14:18

Quote (quietman @ Feb. 24 2011, 19:09)
Hi TT

I do like you!!! Your'e cool!

:D  :D Don't try anymore !! ....I'm married !!
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 14:29

Quote (quietman @ Feb. 24 2011, 19:09)
I have used 'ispeech' on the internet to record some text to speech. I have used this on my tracks 'Invisible Colours' (you can tell I'm British as I spelt Colours with the 'U' in!;) and with the track 'Trinity' but they speak the text rather than sing.

ok so now since you got the wavs you can do what i said ! Put a wav in an audiotrack and an instrument with the chords or melody send to a bus ..

well it's for Orion but i guess it's the same for all DAWs

http://www.orion-reloaded.com/docs.php?id=5

and you'll hear your wav singing .

Yes i think HRLover was meaning to buy Vocaloid !

If you're afraid to buy it maybe you could try the demo first !
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 15:46

:D  :D And if you don't understand ... :D

made quickly , vocals badly set and cut .

http://www.4shared.com/audio/hhKaYx-0/QuietManSong.html
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 16:03

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Feb. 24 2011, 20:46)
:D  :D And if you don't understand ... :D

made quickly , vocals badly set and cut .

http://www.4shared.com/audio/hhKaYx-0/QuietManSong.html

Hi TT

Yes I am an Englishman in Wales or Pays de Galles!! Great demonstration. Thankyou for sharing that with me. That was very kind of you.

You have inspired me to start vocoding!! Thanks my friend!

QM
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 16:18

:D So i have to say "in Wales" and not "in the Wales" like in the demo .

If you could listen to the initial wavs , you would hear the difference .
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 16:27

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Feb. 24 2011, 21:18)
:D So i have to say "in Wales" and not "in the Wales" like in the demo .

If you could listen to the initial wavs , you would hear the difference .

So how would you say "Long Live Wales" in French. "Vive la Pays de Galles".

We would take 'the' 'la' off. Sorry your English is far better than my French.

yes I will later....
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 16:38

;) Don't take the "la" off but replace it by "le" ! ..la is feminine and le is masculine

Vive le Pays de Galles !

For us , French ,  literally Le Pays de Galles we would have translated like this : The country of Wales

I thought we have to say :  Long live  " TO " Wales !

:D
Profile PM 
28 replies since Feb. 22 2011, 15:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net