Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Video section for tubular.net< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 05 2008, 17:01

I was thinking of having a new video section on tubular.net, with probably at least 3 sub sections: MO himself, covers, MO music. Please post links (to YouTube etc.) in this thread, and I'll add them to the new section... Or if someone already has a MO playlist in their youtube profile, let me know... Thanks!

Update: better idea, it will work like the gallery, so I won't have much to do :) and we'll be able to comment on each video. Get ready to post...
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 05 2008, 22:44

That would be great,so let's post the links for the videos :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2008, 23:46

It's ready! Experimental, I hope it works fine.

http://tubular.net/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=SC;c=17

Instructions for posting: Simply paste YouTube URLs in your message, for example  http://youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxx

Browse here: http://tubular.net/videos/
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2008, 14:49

Are there restrictions on the sort of videos you want, Olivier? There's all of "Exposed" and "Montreux" here: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=whobearUK&p=r

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2008, 15:07

The quality on YouTube is so bad that I think record companies don't mind and see it as ads for the DVDs. These clips might be interesting to the casual visitor, but probably not that much to us fans. If you have the patience, feel free to post them though (all in the same thread, one message per extract, I'd suggest).

PS: I can manually change the order of the videos in http://tubular.net/videos/
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2008, 06:05

Thanks for the video section - caught up on a few of the "newer" clips (post Virgin).  Would be great to see a DVD of the clips but I guess Warner's don't care enough any more.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2008, 23:47

Quote (Olivier @ Mar. 06 2008, 15:07)
If you have the patience, feel free to post them though (all in the same thread, one message per extract, I'd suggest).

Okay Olivier, I've tried that but I'm afraid that all those videos on one page are resulting in horrendous lag. The options I can see are:

1. leave it as is - laggy and all
2. remove all but the initial post and let me add a text link for the rest of the playlist
3. remove the entire thread and forget I ever bothered you with this in the first place

(PS: When I visit the video gallery, I only see twelve items for both the 'live concert' and 'official videos' sections - the latest ones uploaded - and I believe they are supposed to contain more than that?)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2008, 01:20

Yes, I was wrong, better to have them in separate threads. So I deleted all but the first one. Sorry to have wasted your time...

(Fixed the bug that only displayed the fist page.)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2008, 02:16

Oh, it's no trouble on my part, Olivier. I just didn't want to be a pest. I actually kept a document with the URLs, so I'll probably finish the rest another time, if nobody else gets around to it before then.

I really like having these new forums. They make handy access to MO's video goodies.

--------------
Profile PM 
8 replies since Mar. 05 2008, 17:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net