Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Unknown music on audio galaxy< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
zinc Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 17 2002, 15:36

Hello,
ive been searching for rarities on audio galaxy and discovered three pieces which i have never heard before-caravan on the move,bomb in the hotel and on being blue. I'm not sure if these are anything to do with mike. Thge first two are classical pieces and the third is a bit weird sounding.
Can anyone shed light on these at all?

I would be interested to know

Zinc
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 17 2002, 20:04

'Caravan on the Move' is by Mike Batt, from his soundtrack to the 1979 film 'Caravans'. It was performed for the film soundtrack by The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. The soundtrack won Mike Batt an Ivor Novello award for best film music. It features on a compilation called 'Space Night Volume 1' alongside Mike Oldfield's 'Hibernaculum'.

'A Bomb in the Hotel' is by Eric Serra, from the soundtrack to the 1997 film 'The Fifth Element'.

'On Being Blue' is by Art of Noise and features Tubular Bells II vocalist Sally Bradshaw. The album it comes from, 'The Seduction of Claude Debussy' was, like Tubular Bells II, produced by Trevor Horn.

That's about all I can tell you.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: June 22 2002, 11:00

wow Korgscrew - I always wondered where On Being Blue came from, its great - but I didn't think it was Oldfield (as was claimed on Pascal's site ages ago)

so here's another one Korgscrew - who is Nahoo REALLy by - thats very Oldfieldish but its not by Mike (and I don't know who it actually IS by!)

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: June 22 2002, 12:52

Paul Mounsey is a Scotsman living in Brazil.

Check out:
http://www.nahoo.org.uk

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
3 replies since June 17 2002, 15:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net