[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Unfamiliar MO arrangement, unacknowledge< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 12 2010, 02:21

:O  :laugh:  :laugh:  
Don't go there mate my wife reads this stuff.
She once thought I was going to elope with Ex Member 419  
:p
And I can just see a certain Nocturnal Sporophyte having a field day with that one  :laugh:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 12 2010, 04:05

Quote (Syd B @ May 11 2010, 22:05)
You're a writer? Anything I might have heard of? :)

Hi Syd, actually my first collection of stories, which won top prize in a competition last year, has just come out. The site that the publisher has just put up is below. I've never posted a hypertext link before, hope this works... If it doesn't, Ugo will probably help me! :)

My Collection of Stories
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: May 12 2010, 09:22

I must admit I had an inkling about this .
Last week on a whim I googled Nightspore (research you understand, no one can reel Sporophyte off the top of their head ) .
In all seriousness when the funds are back up next week I'll definitely be ordering a copy
Support your fellow Tublarians people.   :)
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: May 12 2010, 10:55

Hey Nightspore, the book looks interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 12 2010, 16:22

@ Syd B. and Milamber: I shall upload a FLAC of the original M.O.'s Single [with no crackles or pops, thanks to Spinne!] on Saturday, when I get back home, as I don't have the file here on my laptop right now. Just send me a PM to remind me - also if you wish to get direct download links. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 12 2010, 21:06

Quote (milamber @ May 12 2010, 09:22)
I must admit I had an inkling about this .
Last week on a whim I googled Nightspore (research you understand, no one can reel Sporophyte off the top of their head ) .
In all seriousness when the funds are back up next week I'll definitely be ordering a copy
Support your fellow Tublarians people.   :)

Thanks Milamber, I bet you have a lot of real world friends with a nice attitude like that! Syd, hope you do check it out!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: May 13 2010, 08:18

Nightspore - I see that your book comes out on the same day as the Deluxe Editions. Great timing !!!   :cool:

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 13 2010, 09:50

Quote (wiga @ May 13 2010, 08:18)
Nightspore - I see that your book comes out on the same day as the Deluxe Editions. Great timing !!!   :cool:

Thanks, Wiga - although I suspect if any Tubularians are interested in the book beside your good self, Milamber, and Syd, the Deluxe Editions might take precedence!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: May 15 2010, 10:30

Quote (nightspore @ May 12 2010, 04:05)
My Collection of Stories

Nightspore -  how about an Ultimate Edition of your book, say 250 signed books, with a signed photo, additional personal souvenirs and Australian (or sailing) memorabilia - all in?  :cool:

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 15 2010, 19:50

@ Syd B. and Milamber: no, I didn't forget. :) Here is, for you and for anyone else who wants it, the original version of "Mike Oldfield's Single". Download & enjoy. ;) Then, if you feel like it, write to the people at Universal and tell them to shove this one up that Paul Collins guy's ass. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 15 2010, 21:30

Quote (wiga @ May 15 2010, 10:30)
Quote (nightspore @ May 12 2010, 04:05)
My Collection of Stories

Nightspore -  how about an Ultimate Edition of your book, say 250 signed books, with a signed photo, additional personal souvenirs and Australian (or sailing) memorabilia - all in?  :cool:

Hi Wiga, at the book launch on June 5 I'll be signing them. Not sure about the photo of me though - it might put people off! :D I'll let you know when the UK version is available... shouldn't be more than a week or two - to save UK people postage costs!
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: May 16 2010, 02:24

Quote (Ugo @ May 16 2010, 10:50)
@ Syd B. and Milamber: no, I didn't forget. :) Here is, for you and for anyone else who wants it, the original version of "Mike Oldfield's Single". Download & enjoy. ;) Then, if you feel like it, write to the people at Universal and tell them to shove this one up that Paul Collins guy's ass. :laugh:

Thanks Ugo :)
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: May 16 2010, 10:09

Thanks a lot Ugo, looking forward to listening!
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: May 16 2010, 20:22

Ugo, I just got done listening to "MO's Single." Wow. I expected it to some cute little oddity or novelty tune. That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Thank you.

PS. I don't know much about it, when was it released? And where can I go to find out MO stuff for myself, so I don't have to bother the good souls on the forums about it? :D
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 18 2010, 18:56

DOUBLE - see below. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 18 2010, 18:59

@ Syd B: You're welcome. I'm glad that you liked "M.O.'s Single" - yes, it's one of the little undiscovered gems of Mike's catalogue. It was recorded and released in 1974 as Mike's response to an ugly and unauthorized edit of TB released on a 7'' in the USA as "Tubular Bells [Now the Original Theme from 'The Exorcist']". This was essentially a badly done collage of the Introduction theme (first 8 minutes of TB part 1), it was released by Atlantic, and after the release of "M.O.'s Single" it became (in)famous among M.O. fans as "Now the Original". More info about the whole matter is here. About a good place where to find Oldfield stuff, well, if you like bit torrents, there's the Spanish Mike Oldfield Torrent Tracker (here). There's lots and lots of cool stuff there. :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: May 19 2010, 09:35

Thanks, Ugo. I'll definitely check out the torrent tracker, but what I meant was where can I find MO info.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 19 2010, 15:25

Well, as far as info is concerned, this very site (tubular.net) is absolutely the best one, IMHO. Also the Wikipedia article on Mike Oldfield, and its embedded links, are well worth taking a look into. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
37 replies since May 09 2010, 02:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net