sorry - a bit skint right now 1  [5.00%]
about 50 quid 4  [20.00%]
i can stretch to £100 5  [25.00%]
£200 sounds fair to me 2  [10.00%]
sod the expense - lets meet 8  [40.00%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: uk fans - why the long wait?, 2005 - a time to paaarteee< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tansy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 12 2005, 11:41

olracUK, I would very much like to see the fan meet video,but the above posted link didn't work.Can you or anyone else help please? :)
Profile PM 
JBG Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2005, 15:24

If a gathering is going to happen I would love to come and I am happy to bring PA system for use ( No Charge ), Coupled with Projector and AV equipment, Which I can also bring,we could have viewings of Concerts ect as well as live music from any willing participants.

Would be ideal for the 30th anniversary of Ommadawn in October, but may be too short a notice to sort

--------------
The mark of a good musician is if you can play one note and mean it ....
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2005, 19:25

@Tansy, sorry, some slight technical issues with my site. It was mostly fans with a touch of alcohol in them dancing and chatting to Mike's music, plus some wonderful acoustic playing by more fans. The clips are to big to e-mail.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2005, 03:28

Sounds as if everybody had one hell of a time.I like your description:little drinking,music,dancing,chatting, & the playing of guitars.Can't think of a finer combination,no wonder you wanted to arrange a meet for uk fans.Thanks for that olracUK :)
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2005, 14:48

Hello peeps,
               its all gone a bit quiet on this rather smashing idea, any news at all?

Ta!  ;)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
lettherebeme Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2005, 05:47

It seems unlikely that Mike will be touring his new album but I can sympathise with those trying to organise an overnight get together, it would have been great to do something in Devon wouldn't it? (I do also live in this wonderful county)  :D

--------------
lettherebe more Mike Oldfield in our lives
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2005, 18:27

Ach im awful late to say this but id like to go! I had went and had the same idea as you and posted it up on general discussion before knowing you had put it here! Hergest ridge is a great place of putting it and it just so happens that my family wanted to go somewhere close for a holiday next year, they were thinking scotland but i disagree! "to hergest ridge we sould come" But id really like to go though, sure its only a ferry away from the emerald isle! if you can get it for the summer of next year, im sure we'll all have spare time!

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2005, 19:02

I would till really love to arrange something, but having reached 40 I made a major lifestyle decision and now have no money! But I get to see the kids and wife and have zero stress.

Oh, and I get to play Mike at work all day while browsing the net.

The "Mike will promote the new album" never happened, so we are back to square one.

It does seem that a decent number of folks are interested and would make significant efforts to attend. The meet in Germany last year was very budget concious - a public hut on a camp site, every one chipping in on cooking and bringing booze, tents and sleeping on the floor (suitable muscle-relaxant of course!;). A sound and video set up and a football.

So - another idea. Does anyone know of a small camp site with a hall/room we could take over and not annoy any other campers? Devon is full of camp and caravan sites, so I'll make enquiries here, but I would have thought someplace more central would be better for most people.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
27 replies since Mar. 12 2005, 20:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net