Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: UK Fan Club 1983, Can anyone remember?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mitch65 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 09 2012, 05:00

Blast from the past.
I remember when I bought Crises back in 1983 I became a member of the 'official fanclub' (address on the bottom of the back cover). Got a newsletter every now and again and even had a meet near Portsmouth in 1984 just after Discovery was released. I don't know how popular the fan club was but it didn't seem to last more than a couple of years. I did get the impression as a young 17 year old that, as a fan, I was in the minority!  :laugh:

EDIT- For some reason I can't spell club!
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 23 2012, 09:20

I recall they had a mailadress in Portsmouth as well, right?
I recieved a newsletter once but decided not to join them. It was very much fan based and imho did not add anything to the information on Mike i was craving for back then.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Sep. 23 2012, 16:37

The short-lived official fan club was run by Janet Arnold until 1984 and I joined just prior to the closing of it. There wasn't much information apart from that already available elsewhere. But I still have some printed newsletters and lyrics from it in my vaults.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Aug. 09 2012, 05:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net