Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tyops on the DVD?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TimHighfield Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 12 2001, 00:10

Hello everyone.

The Berlin 2000 DVD is available here in Australia, and I've seen (and picked up) the case. However, I noticed a few things that I'm unsure about (other than a high price of $40 (Australian)). What I noticed were possibly typos, but since I've only seen one Berlin 2000 DVD case, I cannot check myself.

• Shadows on the Wall- now this one I've heard a lot about, and I think it's a consistent typo on all DVDs.
  • Sunlight- I'm guessing this should be Sunlight Shining Through Cloud
  • Broad- ditto, only Broad Sunlit Uplands

That's all I can remember at the moment. Does anyone know if these are typos found with all Berlin 2000 DVDs or not?

Thanks,

-Tim-

And yes, that is a deliberate typo in the topic name.
Profile PM WEB 
rosko Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2001, 12:52

Tim, you might like to know that its more commonly available for about $35 rather than $40. Try ordering it from www.sanity.com.au or www.ezydvd.com.au

I assume you saw it in 78records (the only place I've seen that sells it for that much). This is surprising because the prices tend to be pretty good there (on CDs at least - MO in particular). What's even more strange is that I also saw it on VHS there for $60 - weird.

You might want to check out The DVD Library (just opened on 361 Wanneroo Road) which is a great DVD rental place that have the Berlin DVD. I'm thinking of renting it first before buying it, or hinting at it since Christmas isn't too far off.

About the typos:
The tracklisting on the ezydvd page shows the same mistakes and more. I'd assume its the same with all the region 4 copies - don't know about the VHS and other regions though.

Warner have been really sloppy with this release. They've delayed it many times, been unclear about what regions were to be availble and haven't even taken care to get the tracklisting right. You'd expect them to be a bit more careful after listing "Sentimental" on the TB2&3 disc, but it looks like Warner have little or no respect for Mike and his fans anymore.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2001, 19:48

cool, thanks a lot rosko.

I actually saw it in The Beat at Karrinyup at this price. I'll probably have a look at the DVD Library soon...

Thanks,

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 07 2002, 16:15

The typos are on the one I bought from HMV. I thought that they had just shortened the titles to fit the space.

I still don't understand how "Sentinel" on the TB2/3 DVD became "Sentimental."
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2002, 19:51

The VHS version of the Millennium Bell concert in Berlin has also the same "type-o's" on them. i.e. Sunlight, Broad. It's rather confusing if you view that before you view the actual CD of the Millennium Bell, because it makes you wonder what title is correct. More or less they wanted to make the song titles fit. why they didn't bother to format the back cover to allow the entire title, i don't know.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Oct. 12 2001, 00:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net