[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Two different covers, different pictures< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
jeremyroberts Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 18:10

The red one

The blue one

The photos are different. The one I've seen in the store was the blue one. What's the difference? The bonus track is on the red one or on the blue one?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 18:14

The orange one is the front cover of Light the dark blue one is the front cover of Shade. You can flip them about if you feel the Light cover is particularly naff, as I do. Shade is a nicer image. The bonus tracks (if you call having them a 'bonus) are available on the UK editions only by the sounds of things. God knows why?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 18:59

The Shade cover was based on this pic here, IMHO.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 05:32

Waited to see if the cover images would look better to me in reality,as wasn't fond of the preview images at all.
Sorry to say that I still don't like the look of both covers,although the image inside is lovely.

Can't beleive my own reaction really,because usually quite open minded as far as artwork goes. It has been very cleverly done all the same - just me that's all ,suppose it gives me uncomfortable feeling when looking at it.Do love the design on both cd's very much,gorgeous colours & noticed M.O "morphed" into the design right away. If having to choose one cover image then ,shade more than light . :)
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 09:18

I flipped mine so "Shade" shows on the front. He looks rather mean on the "Light" cover.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
4 replies since Oct. 06 2005, 18:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net