Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TWITTER!, after myspace, then Facebook, web 2.0< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 04 2009, 19:11

well, many moons ago (3 or so) we had internet chat IRC, then MySpace came along, and then Facebook.

Now its 2009 and the latest "web 2.0" thingy is TWITTER

it's been embraced by a lot of celebs and I've already used it to randomly find another Mike O fan in Kingston, plus the likes of Stephen Fry and the cast of Heroes. O - and Kryten from Red Dwarf.

So, anybody else here usiong Twitter? If yes - please add me, I'm a complete internet wannabe. if no - give it a try, surprisingly addictive.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 05 2009, 05:59

Some of my librarian colleagues and organizations have been twittering for at least a year, and it seems to be getting more relevant.  Can even follow conference feeds that way. I suppose <sigh> that I will jump on the bandwagon (or is that bandwidth?) before too long.  (-:

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2009, 19:58

Well, I'd heard about Twitter... decided to check it out... and this is the info the front page gives me:

Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

Uhm... no thanks. I don't want people to know what I'm doing all the time. Nor do I want to know what they're doing. I want to know what they do, but not what they're doing. If you know what I mean.

Maybe there's more to it than that, but someone would have to convince me first.
Profile PM 
the Somme Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2009, 21:54

Shouldn't the question be "What SHOULD you be doing, instead of looking in here to see if other people think it's OK?"

--------------
on this station you will hear gospel and rhythm and blues and jazz. all those are just labels. we know that music is music
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2009, 02:23

Quote (the Somme @ Feb. 09 2009, 03:54)
Shouldn't the question be "What SHOULD you be doing, instead of looking in here to see if other people think it's OK?"

Hehe. Indeed!  :D
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 09 2009, 06:40

As with any site, it is what you make of it - if you don't want to go into detail on what you're up to, just have a chat! I share bits and pieces, but not everything I do - similarly, I don't tell my "real life" friends everything I do - it's all about being selective.

My profile: http://twitter.com/benbarden

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2009, 06:20

Funnily enough I just came across Twitter last week for the first time as Neil Innes has just started up his own page there. Link here Neil also mentions Bobby Llewelyn(Kryton) amongst his amusing ramblings there.He`s obviously very active on there I`m surmising..

Anyway if somebody asks you what you`re doing on there,and you`re a bloke.Then it would appear to me,(seen as how us fellas are completely incapable of multi-tasking of course)..yeah surely you`ve just got to make stuff up I`m guessing.You know for it to be of any interest I suppose...    I`m currently Twittering,..what are you doing? ...Yes I`m twittering also...Where are all the chicks?

Currently I`m eating a giant Cornish pastie,whilst smoking a cigarette...Ow yer bassa!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2009, 18:46

Oh so ther's another one, I've done some of these profile sites, Bebo, some others, Myspace and yes recently some folks have got me signed up for Facebook.  Half of these sites I forget I use.  I mainly do Myspace, closely followed by Facebook, but I'm not generally  into social networking sites iin a big way.  I will say that many of my friends have started out as cyberfriends.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 14 2009, 20:46

Just got a while ago into Twitter mode on - catch me here !

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: April 15 2009, 18:38

And now I find that Tub.net has been on Twitter for ages! How did I miss them?

Tub.Net twitter link

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: April 18 2009, 13:46

Twitter's fab.  Look for "Smillsoid".

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 20 2009, 05:44

Saw the tubnet.link on twitter, bonza, happy twittering smslld,@ dirk, hope you enjoyed your fag and pastie! who says guys cant multitask! go dirk, deb
Profile PM 
11 replies since Feb. 04 2009, 19:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net